🌸-Despair disease sucks

Titles are hard. Also first person for this one cause yes.
And HAJIME ISNT DENSE IN THIS YAY
Also also this is an old draft from when I started this book
~~~~

*during the despair disease*
Hajime POV

This 'disease' has gotten out of control. The affected people are worsening, especially Nagito. Mikan has...nearly suffocated me, and with the others staying away, it left Mikan, myself and Fuyuhiko here. And it can get somewhat boring. (Haha Kamakura is that you?)

"Hey um, Ha-Hajime." Mikan came into the reception where I was.

"Yeah Mikan?"

"Na-Nagito is asking to see you."

"He is?" I was confused for a second, but Mikan cleared it up.

"Well, he was saying- he asked if you were here. I said yes and- and he said for you to leave, so with his liars disease-"

"You assumed the opposite." I cut her off. I knew what she was going to say anyway. So I just walked past her toward his room. "Don't worry, I won't be too long." I said as I passed. She nodded and followed me quickly, opening his door, and leaving after I walked in.

"Awww why are you here? I asked if you could leave." Nagito's voice filled the room. I shrugged off his behavior, and walked closer

"I wasn't even bothering you. And I know that's a lie." He tilted his head for a second, and I sat down on his bed.

"Get off."

Another lie. I'm glad that Nagito isn't like this all the time, I don't think we would even be dating if he was like that all the time, it would be unbearable. (I'm sorry this is Kokichi slander)

I didn't realise that I was sitting there silently, running off with my thoughts. I only realised it when Nagito poked me.

"Are you actually going to say something? Or are you going to be silent. It's better when you're silent." As I snap back to reality I turn my head to him, and take his hand. I guess a good part of this is the disease doesn't really affect what he does physically, so he can't smack my hand away or anything.

His face tells me everything he can't say with words. He looked like he was happy, so we just stayed silent a little longer, as our hands remain interlocked. He opened his mouth to speak, but didn't say a word.

Thing is, it's hard to talk to someone who can only lie, and it was even worse because it was Nagito.

"So how are you feeling?"

"Oh I feel great!" I could hear the slight sarcastic tone in his voice, but decided to ignore it.

"Okay then, well if it's like that then I guess it's not good." I should probably consult Mikan about that later. I just didn't know what to say to him. He'd probably lie again.

"Can I say something?" Nagito asked.

"Go ahead."

Nagito went silent.

"I walked right into that one didn't I?" I then said. Of course he was gonna stay silent. I then stood and put a hand on his forehead. He grabbed my wrist but didn't do much else. "You're really burning up aren't you?"

"As I said, I'm fine. Now can you leave?" He says. I shake my head, then remove my hand from his forehead, only to immediately hold his chin up. He still holds my wrist, but his grip has loosened, like his hand could drop off of my wrist any second.

"And you're even redder than yesterday." This isn't good. I'm seriously worried for him. It seems like everyday he gets worse and worse and worse.