,, - just a scary mask ; xiao

Beginne am Anfang

"its just a drawing yun yun." xingqiu said and patted chongyun's head. he took the drawing and looked at it for a while more before handing it back to you. "its a scary cool monster!"

you nodded. "it sure is!"

..

___________

..

"xiao...?"

it was the young man again, only this time, he had blood all over the weapon he was holding, and monsters as well as treasure hoarders laid lifeless around him. when he turned to find you standing mere inches away from him, he retorted a few seconds, trying his best not to scare you from the tears in your eyes.

"y/n? what are you doing here? kids shouldn't be walking around outside like this," he said. he had that same green scary mask on; that demonic looking mask, the same kind you had drawn in your paper today. he looked so much more scary at this very moment, with splatters of red on him, as well as his spear, but there were many dark green auras emitting from him.

he took steps towards you quickly, grabbed hold of you and you both vanished into thin air. before you knew it, you were right back on the balcony of wangshu inn. you looked around, and everything seemed to be in place, only, xiao was inches in front of you, kneeled down, staring at you behind his mask.

"go home y/n, don't come near me." he warned quietly. there was something about his voice that made you worried. not for your safety, but... worried for him instead. you felt safe; you felt protected, but you were worried... for him.

you slowly pulled up the folded drawing from your pocket and handed it to him. he paused for a moment, but then he took it, staining the paper with the dark aura and smoke. he opened it, and saw your drawing of him and you holding hands, with him wearing the mask.

he then looked up at you, with his mask slowly dissolving and vanishing into the air; melting with the particles. "aren't you... afraid of me?"

you paused for a moment, then smiled. "xiao is my friend, and very cool! xiao is a cool friend."

he eyed you for a moment, trying to figure out just what was going on inside this little girls' head. he hummed, and then patted your head just a little bit as he watched your face turned into a happy expression.

"hm, you're a... cool kid too, y/n."

..

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

..

『 10 years later 』

..

"y/n? what are you doing here?"