,, - chicken soup for your soul ; jean

________________________________

..

" i... uhm.. you were
sick so... i made you
some chicken soup.."

..

___________________________________

hi, imagine Arabian Nights from
aladdin while reading this, since
sumeru is based on that area kinda.
__________________________________

..

..

,, - ♡

"i hate this place," xiao grumbled as you tried to fix the bowtie on the dress vest he had. you smiled at him as you also adjusted the flower on the coat he had on. "it gives me dancing vibes."

"you're going to have to dance xiao, today is the annual dancing ceremonial tribe for the sumeru people, respect it at least," you said quietly as you adjusted your dress, trying to get used to the tight feeling of the ribbons and sash all around your dress and glitter from the black scarf.

xiao clicked his tongue and looked around the grand ballroom of the sumeru plaza; truth be told it wasn't even a room, it was more like an opened space where lights and beautiful decorations were hung from streetlamp to streetlamp. the banquet tables were filled with exotic looking food, and the satin and silks were being flung around as the city folk danced in the middle.

jean slipped over and placed a hand on your shoulder before sighing. you took a look at her and saw that she was dressed in beautiful blue saree dress with extra bands of silk draped across her shoulder and body. bracelets and earrings dangled with shine; and her lip gloss shone under the beautiful sumeru moonlight.

"y/n... there's a lot of people around.." she said, almost as if she was out of breath.

you patted the hand she had on your shoulder as you smiled at her. xiao on the other hand, he found zhongli- who was dressed elegantly in black and brown leather robes- and decided to go with him towards the crowd to perhaps socialise.

"jean its alright, here look," you gripped her hand and nodded at her. "i'll dance with you if you feel awkward."

"but y/n, the dancing here isn't the same as that in mondstadt." jean protested, a little skeptical. she wasn't a fan of dancing, much less a sumeru themed dance.

the sumeru people had their traditional dances, and neither you or anyone from liyue, mondstadt, fontaine, natlan, snezhnaya, or inazuma could properly grasp. their jump and hand movements were bold and accented, and as the drums roared, their dances got heavy and more detailed; even the finger movements changed.