sixty-one: released

ابدأ من البداية

"Okay, coming!" Lucia rolled her suitcase toward the door, bags hanging from her shoulders. As she exited the room, she looked back for one final moment to remember the place that had taught her so much.

After signing the appropriate forms, she headed to the front foyer. A pair of arms were instantly wrapped around her causing her to drop her bags to the floor. It was quite a shock, but when she felt the long dark brown ringlets against her cheek and the floral perfume she knew it couldn't be anyone else.

"I'm so proud of you." Mel whispered as she squeezed Lucia so tight it was almost painful.

"I didn't know you would be here!" Lucia replied as she began to feel emotional. As she looked up over Mel's shoulder, she saw Darcy standing a few metres away and her mother near the door.

"I've been ringing this place constantly since you were admitted. Honestly Lucia, did you expect anything less of me?" Mel laughed as she pulled back slightly, keeping her arms on Lucia's shoulder.

Darcy came to beside Mel, taking her turn to take Lucia into an embrace. Lucia reciprocated the affection, wrapping her arms around Darcy's waist and expressing how much she'd missed her.

When she eventually pulled back, Lucia looked up at her mother who was watching their greetings judgementally.

"Five months? Wasn't the treatment only supposed to be for three?" Her mother spoke with sour undertones.

"If you were just going to be a bitch, you shouldn't have come." Lucia snapped, taking a deep breath in attempt to maintain her calm.

"Don't be immature, Lucia. Grab your bags, and let's get going." She rolled her eyes at her daughter, picking up her keys and opening the large wooden door.

"It was lovely getting to know you Lucia. All the best on your journey on the outside. We'll see you soon for your check-in appointment." Jo spoke kindly as Lucia moved to exit the building.

"Thank you so much." Lucia smiled warmly at the curly haired woman. As she was about to turn to follow the others, the woman apparated out of the room.

No wonder she knew McGonagall...

Lucia had to shake the shock from her face as she followed the others out the door. She hadn't known the entire time that Jo was a witch, and no one else seemed to know either.

As the group walked into the car park, Lucia saw that Mel and Darcy had come in a car together whilst her mother had come separately.

Lucia's mother stood waiting at her car expectantly. "Come, Lucia. Don has set your old room up again while you get back on your feet."

"Mum, there is no way I'm going back there." Lucia spoke sternly, "I'm going with Mel and Darcy now."

"Don't be stupid, the last thing you need is bad influence from these girls who probably introduced you to the stuff." Her mother sneered, shaking her head in disapproval.

"You really don't get a say in my life anymore. I'm sorry, Mum, but I don't want anything to do with you and him." Lucia spoke harshly.

"Fine, but don't come crying back to me when everything goes to shit again. I've offered my assistance to you despite the humiliation you've already caused this family. But this is your last chance." Are woman opened the door to her car and looked expectantly.

"Goodbye, Mum." Lucia said sadly, turning around and walking to Mel's car where her friends waited expectantly with the boot open for her luggage.

She heard her mother's car door slam behind her as she loaded her case and bags into the car, but didn't dare look back until she heard the car pulling out of the car park.