,, - calls from the past ; aether [ male reader ]

Start from the beginning

this however, did not sit well with the adults, as they thought you were teaching them about evil magic; as you were always telling unbelievable stories that although you claimed were fiction, they didn't believe you.

you mumbled your prayers silently, under the heavy roars of the angry mobs. you could hear them chanting to "kill the witch", and you sucked in all the breath you could, to scream.

"IM NOT A WITCH! IM NOT A WITCH!"

..

____________

..

"y/n? y/n hey, what's wrong,"

you opened your eyes and tried to gasp for air, as if you had just inhaled smoke. you pulled your arms as if they had been bounded, and you found yourself staring at your palms and a little bit of aether's face in between your slightly scared fingers.

your eyes were wet with tears, as you just realised the state you were in. you quickly sat up, just to find yourself on soft mattress, with blankets and pillows strewned all around the surroundings. a few inches in front of you, sat aether, and before anything else was said, the door to the dimly lit bedroom swung opened and in came two people.

"is everything alright?"

"we heard screaming."

the light from their small oil lamps blinded you somewhat, so you took a little time to adjust your eyes. once you could get ahold of yourself, you noticed that it was kaeya and diluc.

aether slowly snaked his arms around you and hugged you close, somewhat trying to calm you down from your dazed and panicked state. "yeah i think he just, had a bad dream again..."

kaeya looked over at diluc, who then looked at his brother. "i thought albedo gave him the potion to drink so he wouldn't have those dreams again?"

diluc shrugged. he sighed and walked into the room with kaeya following behind slightly. diluc sat on the bed and placed the oil lamp on the nightstand before he placed his hand on your forehead.

you felt his cold hand press against your forehead before he pulled away and nodded at kaeya. "he seems alright, but we'll have a talk with albedo tomorrow and see if he can give y/n something stronger."

aether then chirped, holding you closer to him. "what about his body? too much of the potion and he would burn from the inside."

kaeya smiled at aether and yawned a little. "don't worry little man, i'm sure albedo won't mess up."

diluc got up and grabbed his oil lamp from the nightstand before nodding towards you and aether. "he'll be fine aether, we'll just go see albedo tomorrow to ask, for now, help him sleep."

aether nodded and out the door they went, leaving you and aether in the dimly lit room. once the door clicked shut into place, you burst out crying, and aether, obviously very surprised, had to hug you close to keep you from thrashing off the bed as you were very upset.

"y/n! y/n darling please, you're home... you're not in natlan right now! calm down..."

at the soothing sounds of aether's comforts and the sweet caresses of his hands on your back; his scent, his hair; you felt at ease. your muscles relaxed, and your breathing started to strike back to normal. you found aether's eyes and sniffled before he smiled and pressed his lips on yours quickly.

he kissed you a few times before he stroked your head, patting it gently for you. "i want you to forget about it as much as you can, the bad memories."

"its... not that easy..."

aether brushed your face and pulled you closer, his hands brushing against your smooth skin and soft locks of hair. you slowly made your shaky hands towards his long messy blonde hair, where you slid your fingers through and through again while he kissed you all over your face.

you two then shifted positions; you were now sitting on his lap while he had his legs crossed on the bed, holding your waist tightly as you were slightly hoisted up, kissing down onto his lips. you ran your hands all over his soft gentle strands of hair, and the scent of his earlier applied flower scent flew into your nose, and it calmed you down.

he kissed you over and over again, hoping that it would make you feel better. he stopped after a few more heavy panted kisses and stared straight up into your glistening eyes.

"y/n, are you alright?"

you nodded. "with you, yes..."

"okay, so are you ready to go back to sleep?"

you nodded, and so did he. he held you, close to him, like a mother holding a child for protection. he slowly laid the both of you down on the bed, adjusting the pillows underneath your head. he pulled the blankets over you both and kissed your nose, before hugging your waist closer to his.

you two stared at each other for a few seconds before you shyed away, to which he chuckled at. "shy?"

you bit your bottom lip and he took the opportunity to nuzzle his face and nose into the side of your neck, taking you by surprise. his hair tickled you, and you couldn't help but blush when he slipped his hand up into your shirt but remained on your stomach.

"are you... trying to do something with me?" you asked, hesitantly.

he smiled and shut his eyes, just lying on your shoulder happily. "no, but if you wanted me to, i could."

you blushed even more and gently hit him over the head to which he laughed at. you finally found the sleepy inside you somewhere, and sealed off the reality of the world as you slowly drifted back off to sleep.

with aether so closeby to you, you could feel his breath; you could feel his love. he loved you, and he accepted you as someone who used magic and essence. he loved you, and you would always love him.