38 - Back to Reality

Začať od začiatku

She didn't know me better than anyone. Nobody knew me because I hid everything from everyone. She saw the version I allowed her to see.

"I don't like Jimin like that, he's just a friend. I was in love with Jungkook. It's was always Jungkook," I threw my hands in the air in frustration, somewhat trying to convince myself as I said it.

"No, Nova," she shook her head, lowering her voice as she looked me dead in the eyes, "you just admitted it, check your tense," she finished, pressing her lips together before getting up and walking into her room.

Why was she doing this to me? She was my best friend and that means siding with me over anyone. Jungkook was in the wrong here, he cheated, he abused my trust.

I was infuriated, I wanted to punch something, break something. Hell, I'd probably kill someone right now if I could.

Biting down on my lip, hard enough to draw blood, I stormed to my bedroom, flinging a vase off of the counter as I went.

"DON'T BE SO CHILDISH, NOVA!" Sana screamed from her room as the glass smashing filled the flat.

"OH, JUST FUCK OFF WILL YOU!" I screamed back louder, slamming my bedroom door.

I'd never fought with Sana like that. She had this hatred for Jimin and a part of me couldn't blame her. He'd hurt me at the beginning, but he'd changed since then. He wasn't that guy anymore; I'd found out what made him so violent and so out of control.

It was me. I was Jimin's enigma. How could I blame someone for their behaviour, when I was the one causing them to act that way?

I sat down on the edge of my bed, kicking my heels off and stretching my bruised feet. I rubbed my hands up and down the clothes Jimin leant to me, taking in his scent. Immediately, my heart rate lowered and I relaxed into my surroundings.

That was until a sudden ping echoed through my room, making me reach for my phone. I was sure I didn't have anything planned today.

"Shit!" I cursed under my breath, looking at the time, "I can get there in fifteen minutes, right?" I jumped back up and grabbed a pair of trainers out of my closet.

I had totally forgotten about my second session with Dr Jeong. So much had happened in the couple of days that I'd completely spaced. I wouldn't miss it for the world, he made me feel so much better and I really needed someone to talk to right now.

Without even changing out of my clothes, I grabbed my bag and ran out of the house, not even saying goodbye to Sana. His office building wasn't that far away, I could probably make it in time if I ran.

***

"Stop apologising, Miss Mae!" Dr Jeong laughed, motioning for me to take a seat.

"I'm sorry I'm late, it's been a crazy week!" I chuckled, sitting down on the sofa and crossing my legs.

"Well, that means you have a lot to tell me then!" He replied, scribbling down in his notebook. "I feel like something is different, you've got a healthy glow about you," he mentioned, looking up at me over his glasses.

"You and everyone else, Dr Jeong," I sighed, picking at my nails. "Let's cut to the chase, shall we? So, Jungkook cheated on me. The love of my life, the boy I would have done anything for, the man I wanted to grow old with cheated on me," I laughed, realising how conflicted I felt about the situation.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Miss Mae. Are you comfortable talking about it?" He asked, leaning forward in his chair, giving me his full attention.

"Yeah sure," I shrugged, "I caught him cheating with his ex-girlfriend, they were literally eating each other's face. Sort of a shame really, I guess we aren't getting married or having little babies anymore," I ended with a scoff, finding it hurt less when I joked about it.