32 - Love Exists

𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐄𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐬

𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐄𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐬

NOVA

I often wondered what it would be like to have a family again.

The true definition of family is having a group of people who genuinely love, trust, care about, and look out for each other, surrounding you. Spending more and more time around Jungkook and his friends reminded me that having a family is supposed to be loud, hectic, chaotic and fun - but there's also a whole lot of love involved.

Those men truly loved each other, and I was lucky enough to be a part of their lives.

For some reason though, the boys were acting kind of mysterious lately. Hoseok wouldn't stop messaging me, asking me so many questions about what my favourite colours were and 'if you could drink one alcoholic drink for the rest of your life what would it be?' Jin was so mental these days too, whenever I tried to go near Sana's room he would freak out and throw me over his shoulder, handing me back to Jungkook. Yoongi had weirdly sent me various appetisers that he was thinking about featuring on his menu, to get me to try out. Namjoon was pretty quiet but even he was asking me about my closest friends in the city.

Tae and Jungkook were being uncharacteristically calm, despite their friend's wacky behaviour. They would both ask me, fifty times a day, how I was and if I was feeling okay, to a point where it was starting to get annoying.

The one person I hadn't heard from was Jimin and I noticed every day.

"So, what shall we do for your birthday tomorrow?" Sana asked, throwing the last bit of garlic bread in the bin and rinsing the plate it was on.

"You know I'm not really a birthday type person," I cringed, thinking about celebrating it.

"Come on, you've seemed happier the last few days. Let's do something!" She chirped, drying her hands off.

I had been different. I was on top of the world. I didn't think Dr Jeong's session would be as successful as it was, seeing as it was my first time, but having someone to vent to, that didn't have any ulterior motives, felt incredible.

"Are you going to let this go?" I heavily sighing at my giddy bestfriend.

Her lips curling up into a beautiful, provoking smile.

"Nope!"

"Maybe we could order in breakfast and chill out and watch a movie?" I sighed, giving in.

I watched as my crazy friend clapped her hands excitedly as if I'd given her the best present in the world. I laughed at her childish nature as she ran to her room shouting for Jin.

"She's given in Jin!" She squealed, opening her bedroom door and slamming it behind her. Who knew choosing to celebrate my own birthday would make someone else so happy? But I guess sometimes I need to do things for other people and not myself.