"Let go of me." Peter's voice sounded detached, and strangely monotone. Harley let out a loud cry, pulling both of them up onto the rooftop with a grunt. They hit the ground roughly, Harley groaning before pinning Peter down.

"How could you?" Harley cried, breathing heavily. Peter could hear Harley's quick heartbeat. Where was his heartbeat? Peter wasn't alive, he hadn't been for awhile. But nobody noticed, or cared enough to check up on him. Nobody tried to help him, nobody cared abou-

"Dammit, Peter, I- I was going to surprise you, and everything could go back to normal, and we wouldn't be apart anymore..." Harley shook his head, closing his eyes to try and keep the tears from flowing out. "Do you have any idea how much I missed you? You stopped calling, you wouldn't answer my texts, I didn't know what to think..." he took a shaky breath. "What if I hadn't shown up when I did? What would I do without you?" Peter glared at the sobbing boy, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Yeah? What about me? You left me, Harley. You didn't have to leave. Did you ever really love me?" Harley stopped, feeling anger bubble inside him.

"I loved you more than you ever loved me. And I still love you. The real question is, do you actually love me?" Peter looked to the side, clenching his jaw. "Yeah, that's what I thought. Clearly you don't care about me, or anyone else, if you were going to kill yourself. That's selfish."

"Nobody cared," Peter whispered, staring blankly at the night sky behind Harley. The blond frowned.

"What do you mean, 'nobody cared?'"

"Nobody cared," he repeated. "Nobody did anything. They saw, and they just ignored it. When I started to lose weight, when I stopped getting out of bed, when I stopped going to school..." Harley's eyes widened. Now that he mentioned it, Peter did seem awfully skinny. He looked sick and pale, his malnourished body shivering in the cold January air.

"Peter-"

"No. No! I was finally going to be free, I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore. Why'd you have to come and ruin it? I was finally going to be happy again..." Harley was at a loss for words. Instead, he let go of Peter's arms and legs, pulling the smaller boy into a tight hug. Both of them were sobbing, tears and snot soaking into their clothes.

"I'm so sorry..." Harley murmured. Peter nodded, sniffing quietly.

"I'm sorry too, I shouldn't- I shouldn't've-" Harley shushed him, pressing their foreheads together.

"It's ok," he whispered. "It's all going to be ok..." Just then, the Avengers came up the stairs, all smiley and excited. Their smiles dropped, however, when they saw the two sobbing boys.

"What happened?" Tony wondered, frowning. Harley sighed gently, holding the sides of Peter's face and giving him an apologetic look.

"He jumped... I caught him," he stated simply, knowing any more detail would make him burst into tears again. Everyone's eyes widened, the Avengers exchanging shocked glances.

"Oh my god, Peter-" Tony stopped, sighing. "I'm so sorry, I never should've ignored you... shit." Steve didn't bother to reprimand the billionaire, instead nodding in agreement.

"I'm sorry too."

"Me too."

"So am I."

All of them offered him an apology for ignoring him and not trying to help, Peter still shaking and shivering in Harley's arms.

"I think we should go inside..." the blond glanced up at the Avengers, eyes puffy and red rimmed from crying. "If you don't mind, I think we need to be alone for a little bit." They all nodded, moving to let them through. Harley picked Peter up a little too easily, trying to ignore it until they could talk it out.

They went to Peter's room, since Harley wasn't unpacked yet, the southern boy wrapping a fuzzy blanket around Peter's shivering, sickly frame. He gave the brunette a small pack of fruit snacks from his bag, letting him nibble hesitantly on the gummies. They had a long conversation, finally ending with a slow, gentle kiss. Things would never be the same, no, but they could work to repair their broken bond.

Harley laid down on the bed next to Peter, hugging the smaller boy tightly. He wished he never had to leave in the first place, maybe all of this could've been avoided. It would've saved everyone a lot of heartache and worry, that's for sure. But even still, Harley was glad that he and Peter were ok again. The brunette meant the world to him. He smiled sleepily, Peter snuggling into his chest.

"I love you," Harley murmured. After a moment of hesitation, Peter responded.

"... I love you too."

did I hurt your feelings lmao

But hey if you are ever in this sort of situation (god I hope none of you are but I feel like I should still just... say something...) DON'T react with anger like Harley did, I'm not great at this kind of stuff but you gotta make them feel loved and that life is worth living

And if you're the Peter in this situation... please don't kill yourself, you are loved (even if it doesn't seem like it). Take it from your (probably not very) local Peter, its really hard sometimes but think about everything you could miss out on! Like finding love, getting your own home, adopting a pet to curl up and watch netflix with, getting your dream job, or maybe something extra special like winning the lottery or winning a Nobel prize! (Youll never know if you're not alive to win it. Just saying)

Anyway this is getting really long so... I LOVE YOU

Requests?