46

a life that shines late,
but definitely does.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"That's what it says on the news." Namjoon shrugged, loading their bags in the trunk.

"What news?" Inaya stared at him as he grabbed another bag and placed it inside the trunk of the car.

"The family ties are broken and blah blah blah." He moved his head along with the words, using his hands to indicate his boredom but Inaya wasn't in the mood to notice that.

"Yeah, that's what I got, but why?!"She inquired again only to be left ignored. "Joon?"

"How would I know that?" He threw his hands in the air, exaggerating a little, and then thumped them on the car. "Look, Inaya, whatever it is, don't you dare forget what he did to you." His eyes softened, and a look of sympathy rose in them that called on her to just not do anything foolish.

"It's-" She stopped, she wasn't the stupid one, she would never forget that night and the uncertain events after that, but something in her made her feel uneasy, she wondered if Jungkook was fine or not. Ironically, but she was really worried about him. "Ofcourse not, I... Was just curious." She cleared her intentions before moving in the car after Namjoon.

But why?

That question never left her thoughts. She wondered if he actually did this because of her or if he had just grown enough guts to stand against his family. Or worst, he just ran away again.

He wouldn't, right?

Inaya believed in him, even though he had been a coward for sometime, he wasn't a person of that sort. He was a strong one, who just needed a head start at times and Inaya wanted to believe that her cruel behaviour had provided him with that.

Neither was she happy nor sad. Even if Jungkook had called the marriage off for her, it wasn't enough for her to go back to him. He had to walk a long way to get her back and the start had to be a proper explanation. She was tired of him saying that he could make it right or that he was sorry.

But she was worried, about his health, about his decisions, about him. If he was fine or not? If he was there in his home or not? Or did he actually...

No, no, no.

She shook her head sideways. Glancing at the cars that passed by. Along with them moving and other cars in motion alongside, something moved in her. Something inside her screamed like mad, pushing her out of the cold walls that she had been developing around herself, asking her to let it go once again.

She wanted that too, but she was terrified that if she took a wrong decision one another time, she'd break and wither completely.

BUT!

"Namjoon!" She called out, almost shouted out.

"Yes?" He faced her, pulling off his glasses and closing the book in his hand.

"Where are we going?"

"Your house, definitely...?" He answered, glancing at the driver and back at her, unsure if they had any other thing on her schedule.