Chapter 37

Edits by Vesper

At the Zhuo's family residence, Ji Yan and the others all had their own room. They slept very well that night. After a dreamless night, Tang Tang felt refreshed when she woke up on the next day.

She turned her head to the side and saw Ji Xiao Zhuo spread out like a frog. He was still in a deep sleep while Ji Yan was missing. Tang Tang looked at her mobile. It was only 6:30 am.

"Where did he go so early?"

Tang Tang got up and washed apprehensively. After she had changed her clothes, she went downstairs. Apart from the servants busying about, she didn't see anyone else. It seemed like everyone else was still sleeping.

Ji Yan was also not here. Where did he go?

Suddenly, Tang Tang remembered Ji Yan would go out and train every day when they were at home. Tang Tang realized Ji Yan must have gone out to train. The Zhuo family had a large garden at the back. He probably went there to train.

Thinking up to this point, Tang Tang headed to the garden since she had begun to go out for a run every day to train her body. She might be able to run with her husband today.

The Zhuo family's back garden was very big. Although they call it a garden, it might as well be a big beautiful park. The path was lined with trees, the flowers were fragrant, and the birds were singing. The scenery was beautiful and the air was especially fresh which made one's mood become good. It was just that the garden was too big so Ji Yan's figure was nowhere in sight.

Tang Tang admired the beautiful scenery as she ran down the little path. She wanted to see if she could find Ji Yan. If she couldn't find him then enjoying the scenery was not a bad idea.

When Tang Tang had run for about fifteen minutes, she finally saw a figure running at a distance. Based on her understanding of Ji Yan, Tang Tang could tell that was Ji Yan's figure at a glance, but there was a pretty figure next to him. It was Gu Yan Ran.

Tang Tang pursed her lips and quickened her strides as she chased them from behind. Because the two people in front were running too fast, Tang Tang couldn't catch up based on her current physical capabilities. She could only watch them from behind at a distance.

Gu Yan Ran's steps were light and agile, and her long and soft hair was tied into a ponytail. Her hair flowed freely in the air after every step. She was running effortlessly. Not only could she keep up with Ji Yan's pace, but she was also chatting happily with him while running and she would move her hands every now and then to gesture something.

In response, Ji Yan would nod, shake his head, or occasionally reply back. Tang Tang didn't know what was said but Gu Yan Ran smiled radiantly. From behind, Tang Tang could see Gu Yan Ran was very happy and excited. She was different from her usual cool and aloof persona.

The reason was unknown but when Tang Tang saw that scene, her legs suddenly couldn't move. It felt like her heart was being pinched. She felt sour and uncomfortable. Every time she saw Ji Yan and Gu Yan Ran interact, Tang Tang would always feel a bit iffy. Tang Tang always thought Gu Yan Ran's attitude to Ji Yan was different from how she acted around brother Zhuo Ji and the others. Tang Tang didn't know specifically what it was but it was different.

For Ji Yan, Gu Yan Ran seemed to feel ...

They grew up together, and they were closer than real siblings. Their level of interaction wasn't inappropriate but Tang Tang didn't know why she got that feeling. However, from when she was young, her intuition was like an animal and it was never wrong.