Chapter 4

In the late afternoon, Aunt Li headed to the nursery to pick up Xiao Zhuo. She looked at Tang Tang, who was still watching TV. She thought for a moment before walking closer to Tang Tang and said, "Madam, I'm going to pick Xiao Zhuo up now."

Tang Tang looked away from the drama and quickly stood up, "Aunt Li, you are going to pick Bao Bao up? Can I come with you?"

"Ah?" Aunt Li was surprised but she quickly rejected the idea, "It's better if you don't go. After all, your leg is injured and it won't be convenient for you as you'll need to use crutches. It would be quicker if I go."

Tang Tang pursed her lips. She really wanted to go and pick up the little one as children would definitely want their mother to go and pick them up. They would be feeling dejected if they didn't see their mother. The little girl on TV was like that. She constantly waited for her mother to pick her up and when she didn't, the little girl looked like she was about to cry. Xiao Zhuo must also want his mother to go and pick him up, right?

"Aunt Li, I really want to go and pick Bao Bao up. I'm sure he also wants to see me too. So please take me with you. My leg is alright, I can walk quite fast."

Previously, even when Tang Tang made a ruckus and caused a scene, Aunt Li would ruthlessly confront her. But now, Tang Tang was gently pleading with her, and it was for Xiao Zhuo's sake. She couldn't find it in her to reject.

Even though Xiao Zhuo acted like he hated his mother, but in reality, which child didn't desire a mother's love. In his heart, Xiao Zhuo actually hoped his mother would treat him well, but after getting disappointed over and over again, Xiao Zhuo learned to mask his feelings.

If Tang Tang really went to pick Xiao Zhuo up, Aunt Li could guarantee that the little boy would be very happy on the inside.

Thinking up to this point, Aunt Li nodded, "Alright then, you can come with. Let's go and pick Xiao Zhuo up together."

Tang Tang immediately grinned and she hurried towards the door with her crutches. She slowly crouched down to put on her shoes, but due to her injuries, her leg was not very flexible. Moving was very difficult. Aunt Li grew impatient and she crouched down to change Tang Tang's shoes for her.

"Thank you, Aunt Li. You are so nice." Tang Tang smiled sweetly at Aunt Li. Even though she never had a nice expression on when facing Tang Tang, Aunt Li was still a good person.

She was not used to Tang Tang being polite so she uncomfortably waved her hand, "Let's go, let's go. We need to go and pick up your child."

Tang Tang smiled and quickly followed Aunt Li from behind while trying not to put stress on her injured leg. When Aunt Li saw that she had to use so much effort to walk and there was sweat forming on her forehead, Aunt Li's heart softened. She gave up on walking the whole journey, and instead, got a taxi to take them to the entrance of the nursery.

When they arrived at the nursery, the children hadn't even come out yet, but there were already a lot of parents waiting outside. Tang Tang stretched her neck to look past the fence. Soon after, she saw a teacher leading many children out from the classroom. The children swiftly started to jump and bounce about while waving at their parents.

But there was one child who was an exception, and that child was Xiao Zhuo. His head was lowered and he was looking at the ground in low spirits. He did not look like he was happy that school had ended, like how the other children were. Since he was acting so differently from the other lively children, Tang Tang was able to spot him at a glance.

Tang Tang didn't know why, but seeing the little one like that made her heart hurt. She didn't want to see him so unhappy so she shouted as loud as she could, "Bao Bao, darling Xiao Zhuo ~"