Chapter 30

Edits by Naravil

Unsure if it was because of the foot bath or Tang Tang's massage, Ji Yan didn't feel weird due to an extra person sleeping in his bed. Instead, he slept especially well, and when he woke up, he felt bright and energetic.

Ji Yan silently stared at his feet as he thought about what happened last night, the scene of a pair of white hands massaging his feet. He unconsciously turned and looked at Tang Tang, who was sleeping soundly. After a period of time, he stood up quietly and went to do his morning routine.

At the training grounds, Ji Yan stood at the front and solemnly faced the soldiers under his command and told them their first training drill, "Carry 30 kilos. Destination: the peak of JiXi mountain!"

Immediately, all the members of the unit wailed anguishedly in their hearts. They all thought that even if they didn't die today, they would at least lose a layer of skin, but no one dared to express their feelings on their faces. Under Ji Yan's command, everyone nimbly grabbed a rucksack and ran towards the mountain orderly.

Ji Yan carried 35 kilos, took the lead, and ran at the front. He required everyone behind him to run at the same pace as him. No one was allowed to fall behind.

Dong Li also led his unit and joined up. He let his deputy run behind the team and keep an eye on everyone. Dong Li speeded up to catch up with Ji Yan and asked curiously, "Lao Ji, did you take a stimulant? Why are you running so fast? You're not worried about your unit dying under your torture?"

Remaining focused, Ji Yan did not glance or answer back.

Dong Li clicked his tongue and then said with a slight sourness that he did not notice seeping in, "It's really not the same now that your wife and child have moved in. You get to eat and drink well every day. Hmm, unlike us, singles, who can only eat whatever is available at the canteen. It can't be compared." As he spoke, he remembered Tang Tang's cooking and almost salivated.

Casting a side glance at Dong Li, Ji Yan knew what he was planning and originally planned to ignore him. But Ji Yan remembered Tang Tang's plan of inviting everyone for a meal, so Ji Yan let him know. "Come to my home for a meal tonight. Tang Tang wants to thank you guys for your help."

"Really, ah?" Dong Li's eyes shined with excitement. With a sudden rush of strength, he patted on Ji Yan's arm and said, "Let's compete, Lao Ji. Let's see who reaches the mountain top first!"

Ji Yan glanced silently at Dong Li. In the next second, the corners of Ji Yan's lips lifted. He dashed ahead while leaving a sentence behind, "Tonight's alcohol will be covered by the loser."

"Ah." Dong Li also rushed to catch up. Two figures were seen dashing up the mountain.

Looking at them, the two units also got excited and made bets about which team leader would win. They betted on the usual.

————————————

When the training ended in the evening, Zhang Cheng happily patted on Dong Li's shoulder and said, "Dong Li, I heard you're covering for everyone's alcohol tonight? Brother, you're so generous, ah!"

Dong Li rolled his eyes. He shifted his shoulder to fling off the hand of the person who was taking joy in his misfortune. "Go, go, go. Don't throw stones at the fallen. You're acting like you have won over Lao Ji!"

Zhang Cheng smiled more joyously and held his hand up while saying with self-awareness, "I know my limitations. I won't compete with Lao Ji. Instead, I have always been bravely facing the disparity between our abilities. "