Chapter 24

Edits by Naravil

After eating breakfast, Tang Tang took Ji Xiao with her when she went out to buy the necessary materials to make a pair of shoes. There were no tools at home apart from some needles that Aunt Li had left behind. Tang Tang really didn't understand how the original owner, who had a clothing major, had no equipment to make clothes. Unless the original owner relied on machinery?

For making shoes, the first step was the soles, which required Ji Yue's shoe size. Tang Tang relied on Ji Xiao Zhuo to be her spy for this; the task was to get Ji Yue's shoe size without letting Ji Yue know the reason why.

Ji Xiao Zhuo patted his chest while he guaranteed, with wide eyes, that he would succeed in his mission. Then he disappeared to his room to complete his task.

She didn't know what Xiao Zhuo did, but within ten minutes, he had completed his mission.

Tang Tang kissed the little one thoroughly, which made him laugh.

What Tang Tang bought to make the shoes was a moon-white material, which already had some embroidery, so she didn't need to do the embroidery herself. Tang Tang only had to embroider some flowers on a transparent ribbon to add onto the shoes to increase the beauty.

Even though the current styles of shoes were pretty, many types of women's shoes were not comfortable. Principally the high heels, Tang Tang thought it was torture to wear them. She didn't know why women in this world liked wearing them. It appeared that Ji Yue also liked wearing high heels, so Tang Tang wanted to give Ji Yue a pair of shoes that were beautiful and comfortable. If Ji Yue was willing to wear them, she would be more comfortable when walking.

Tang Tang worked very fast, and the shoes were done within two days. She was satisfied with the end product. Then she took the shoes to the only male in the place for an opinion, "Bao Bao, what do you think of the shoes?"

Ji Xiao Zhuo couldn't help but touch the flowers on the shoes and nodded, "Looks good! Mummy, this flower is pretty."

Tang Tang stroked the little one's head, "Bao Bao, you have a good eye."

Even though the flowers were not eye-catching, they were what required the most effort and were also crucial as they made the shoes look elegant and unique. It was definitely not something that one could just buy from the stores.

When Xiao Zhuo said that the shoes looked good, it gave Tang Tang's confidence a boost. She carefully placed the shoes into a box and went to buy some ingredients to make Ji Yue some pastry as well as some meat sauce from her personal recipes.

"Come, Bao Bao, let's go and give these to Aunt Ji Yue. We should thank her for helping mummy become beautiful."

"Ok," Ji Xiao Zhuo walked in front like a little boss as he took the lead. "Mummy, I know what Auntie Ji Yue's company is called. I'll guide you."

Tang Tang followed the clever child's lead and successfully arrived at the building of Ji Yue's company. Ji Tue even personally greeted them at the building's entrance.

Tang Tang felt that the feeling that Ji Yue gave off today was different. She was wearing a suit jacket that wrapped perfectly around her slim figure, and a skirt that revealed her long slender legs. The high heels that she wore perfected the look. As Ji Yue walked, a powerful and confident aura surrounded her, and all the staff who passed by would nod or give her a greeting while Ji Yue would smile faintly with a nod in response. She gave off a confident and capable feeling.

Was this the appearance of a working woman? They had such an attractive aura! No wonder the women in this world wanted to work just like men.

Tang Tang was filled with admiration for Ji Yue. Unfortunately, she couldn't be like Ji Yue, as all she knew was probably only cooking and embroidery.