Prologue

Unknown P.O.V.

Prologue:

There's been a tradition running in my family for generations now. It only happens to the first born son when he reaches 17. Everyone in my family has at least had one son.

I don't know how many generations ago but that was when our tradition first started. By a witch cursing one of my great-grandfathers, don't ask me how many generations ago, I lost track.

If you know the story of the nutcracker, then that's how my great-grandfather's story went, maybe it was five generations ago, but I'm still going to say great-grandfather to make it easier.

Of course his princess's name was Clara, and every generation the story is different. But it always ends the same way. Defeat who ever the mouse king is suppose to be, save your princess, make her fall in love with you, then you get your happily ever after.

This year, it's my turn, but I've gotten so sick of the story. I don't even want to fall in love, and that would be how my dad found my mom, his princess.

My story is just going to be like everyone else's, I'm going to fall in love and defeat the mouse king or else he'll take over the world. It's pretty boring after you've heard it like a millon times. I'm not even cut out to be some nutcracker.

I even know that I'm going to be forced to fall in love with some random girl in this entire school, worse part is she might even not be my type, or the complete opposite of what I'm looking for.

This year is going to be the worst year of my life, my nutcracker story is going to be the same thing like it was for my dad. I'm not even cut out to be a nutcracker, and I'm going to be forced to fall in love if I don't want to stay a piece of wood the rest of my life.

Lucky me!

Not!