02: Five

Joan sees a square-shaped door on the ceiling, with a string hanging. She pulls down the string and comes to a ladder flipping down.

She knew the familiar nostalgia, and climbed up, only to see the dim ray of light from the small windowpane. She then felt another string and pulled to see Christmas lights and any sort of colors.

A little happy feeling sparks up in her, remembering she used scraps from dumps and making them pretty in her room. It was her place of refuge.

Her eyes scan around the room and found her plain white- sheet bed covered in dust, as it was left from the time she left. She cannot help but formed a smile from it.

Joan climbs back down and as she flips the ladders back up, she is just in time to hear upbeat music resonating through the academy.

It is sung: Children behave!

That's what they say when we're together.

Joan began to unconsciously tap her foot.

And watch how you play! They don't understand and so we're running just as fast as we can!

Holdin' on to one another's hand.

Her head jumped up and down, she lands one foot in front and sways her shoulders down to her hips.

Tryin to get away into the night, and then put your arms around me and we tumble to the ground and then you say...

Joan lifts one leg and threw it around with her arms crossed together, as she formed a three-times pirouette.

I think we're alone now

There doesn't seem to be anyone around

She panted from twirling, but the beat did not stop her from dancing. She threw her arms up, forming them into fists and beating the air while galloping like a drunk person.

There doesn't seem to be anyone around

I think we're alone now, the beating of our hearts is the only sound.

The song continues on for another couple of bridges.

Joan twirls and twirls, as if the ground is unbeknownst to her when suddenly a rumbling thunder zapped. The music abruptly halts.

Furniture shaking, and lights flickering. She gasped.

All the other siblings ran down to the academy's yard with the harsh howling wind and a bright light in the sky.

A portal, Joan guessed.

"Looks like some sort of temporal anomaly!" Diego yelled. "Either that of a miniature black hole. One of the two."

"You learned this kind of stuff??" Joan commented.

"Well, Yeah!" Diego exclaimed in response.

Klaus darts out of the building with a fire extinguisher in his hands. "Out of the way!" He cried and tossed the red thing into the blue light with no impact.

"What is that gonna do!?" Yelled Allison.

"I don't know... do you have a better idea??" Said Klaus.

They gazed at the foreign light, the crackling electricity erupted, and they shuffled backward.

"Everyone get behind me!" Luther commanded.

"Yeah, get behind us!" Diego wailed.

"I vote for running!" Klaus suggested.

"Klaus's idea might be good at this point!" Joan insisted.