Chapter 2: Arrival of a New Day!

Start from the beginning

Carla sighed. "As long as you remember. Come on, get yourself ready, change your clothes." Carla opened the door, ready to head out.

"Yes, Carla." Wendy walked to her wardrobe to get a change of clothes.

"By the way, " Carla stopped at the doorstep, "Did you leave the party alone?"

"Ah... no. Actually, I went together with Natsu and Lucy." Wendy remembered the events taking place the night before.

"Oh, I see," Carla nodded, confirming her thoughts, "... and why is that?" There was curiosity in her voice.

"Lucy happened to be drunk... so Natsu took her back to her apartment." Wendy was hoping Carla wouldn't press the matter.

"I see... then Natsu accompanied you back here?" Carla deduced, putting a hand on her chin.

"Y-yeah, he did." Without realizing, Wendy smiled at the thought.

"Heh... he did, didn't he? Is that really all? Is that really ALL?" Carla noticed her smile, which made her all the more curious. Wendy knew what she was implying.

"Y-yes, that is all." Wendy felt the heat rising in her cheeks, a faint red covering them. "Nothing else could have happened, o-of course!" She frantically waved her hand to dismiss the thought. Please stop talking about it.

Carla smirked at her reaction, clearly enjoying it. "Oh well, never mind. Forget about it." Carla sighed. "Hurry up now. Don't take too long. I've already had my bath."

"Yes, Carla..." Ignoring her nervousness, she took all the necessities she would need from her wardrobe.

"I suppose it was wise of you to accompany them." Carla rested her back on the door.

Wendy stopped and turned her head towards Carla. "Why do you say that?" She was puzzled by that statement.

"Who knows what that dragon slayer would have done to her defenseless body. Given their close relationship, I wouldn't be surprised if he took the chance."

"N-Natsu isn't that kind of person!" Wendy shouted, her body now facing Carla. Her hands clenched into fists at her sides.

"Oh, what makes you say that?" Amused at Wendy's reaction, Carla smirked and raised an eyebrow.

Wendy sighed, ignoring her question. She didn't want to waste any more time now. "I'm going to head to the bath." She walked past the scheming cat out of the room.

"Oh well. I'll be waiting outside." Carla closed the door and left the room. I've had my fill of Wendy's reactions.

In the public bathhouse....

...

..

.

The bathhouse was surprisingly empty. There would usually be a couple of people at this time. Wendy didn't mind though. She needed to clear her mind from the white cat's teasing. She sat down on the stool and began applying shampoo to her hair. At the same time, she was fixated on a certain statement Carla made...

Who knows what that dragon slayer would have done to her defenseless body. Given their close relationship, I wouldn't be surprised if he took the chance.

In reality, Wendy didn't take any issue with the first part of the statement. Natsu would never do that kind of thing. The day he does it is probably when Happy stops liking fish. Impossible. Wendy fully trusted him. What she did take issue with is the second part of the statement. Once again, the reality of Natsu and Lucy's friendship is reinforcing this grand obstacle standing in the way of Wendy and him. It's true, anybody could see how close they were. Not to mention she has the body to die for! Wendy gazed downwards, observing her assets, and mentally compared them with Lucy.