Swimming In Decisions

Start from the beginning

Jackie's POV

I had wondered how things went with Michelle and Brian. I knew she wouldn't be a happy camper. We're all pretty much in the same boat. I can't blame her if she despises him the way I despise Jesse.

My mom and dad were slightly upset with me, due to my childish behavior last night--and by childish I mean my drunk behavior. So I made it up to them by taking them out to eat at an authentic Mexican restaurant. 

"This is delicious." My mom said, shoving a forkful of the pork burrito into her mouth, "Why doesn't it taste like this in New York?"

"Authentic mom, read the sign out side." I replied taking a drink from my horchata.

My mom is half Mexican. She was raised here in Huntington Beach but her grandmother came from Mexico. I'm a little melting pot. If you don't get that joke, you never passed 11th grade history. 

"So listen hunny," My dad started, "Jesse's asking for your forgiveness."

I rolled my eyes. I get very annoyed when they do this, yet I had a feeling it was coming sooner or later.

 "Dad leave it alone. I'm not talking to him. He attacked Matt for being honest with me. Not once did he say he was sorry. Now that he has no where to go, he's apologizing?! No thanks." My parents stood quiet, looking down at their plate of beans, rice and burritos. I knew something was up. "What are you hiding?"

"Nada," My mom said with guilt on her face, "Nothing at all."

I made eye contact with my dad, "What's going on?"

His eyes moved around, finding something to focus on, "It's just," he started, "Jesse is staying with us."

My jaw dropped. Deceivers! "Mom!" I shouted, annoyed. "Are you serious?! He cheated on me! He attacked one of my friends!!"

"We weren't about to let him stay at a 3 star hotel! We're staying in the Marriott nearby. It's nice and there's an extra bed, so we gave it to him. You treated him like a piece of trash, leaving him like that."

"Mom, he cheated on me." I could hear my dad asking us to quiet down, but I wasn't about to, "Are you kidding me? You're actually defending his actions. He should sleep on the street. He cheated on your only daughter."

"Did you expect him not to? We told you long distance relationships don't work out. Atleast he's not like that man you call a friend. I wouldn't be surprised if you slept with him!" She said very loud, "Your love should be given to Jesse. Not Brian! Brian is no good for you. He just wants you for his enjoyment."

My mom's words stung like a bee. Only because, it was true. I'm not sure about the enjoyment part but the sleeping with him part was true. 

I couldn't stand hearing it. I picked up my bag and rose to my feet.

"Jackie, where are you going?" My dad asked, "We're eating as a family."

"Randy isn't here, so technically this isn't eating as a family. I'm leaving. This was a bad idea. I'll pay you back for the food later, dad. I'm gone," I said walking out of the restaurant.

Once I was in my car, tears left my eyes. I found myself crying a lot lately and it pissed me off. I'm not one to cry, but it's been going on since I've been around Brian. That can't be good can it?

I drove back to my house only to find Jesse sitting on the porch step. I exited my car and made my way to him. I didn't know what to say, but I did know that I hated him.

"Hey beautiful." He said standing up.

His face sure lit up when he saw me.

I crossed my arms across my chest and didn't reply.

"I know you're mad but I can explain everything."

"I don't want an explanation Jesse. I want you out of my life," I started as I made my way to the door, "Obviously I'm not worth the wait."

"Baby," he said turning me around to face him, "You're worth more than that. I was just caught at a weak moment. She's easy."

"But they caught you talking on the phone with her Jess, you were gonna do it again, who are you kidding?" I pushed him away and led him into the house with my silence. 

"I won't. Look, I'll delete her number. I'll even stop talking to her."

"You're bluffing. I want to see you delete it. And I want to see all the messages you've sent and all the calls you've made."

He was hesitant at first but he soon handed me his phone. Sure enough, there weren't any signs of cheating. I deleted Lindsay's number on my own and even blocked it. I sort of felt relieved, but still unsure of where things stood.

"Does this mean I can come back to you?" He asked wrapping his arms around my waist, a gesture I should've refused.

This was a tough decision to make. 

Should I let the man who cheated on me back into my life? I had so much history with him and my life seemed set with him--financially and romantically. 

Or become single and a target for Brian?