"I don't trust you enough, and I'm in heat, it's just- I don't want to be broken," the omega mumbled.

"I know. And I don't want to hurt you, I swear. I just want to help you." There was a moment of silence, then the door opened up a crack, revealing the small brunette, looking incredibly nervous. He let Harley in, standing awkwardly. "I'm Harley, I live across the hall."

"I know," the brunette stated simply. "I'm Peter. I live... uh, here." The blond laughed, already taking a liking to this omega.

"Well, Peter, what do you want me to do?" The brunette looked kinda nervous, fidgeting with his hands.

"Maybe... just some cuddles?" Harley smiled, nodding. Peter led him to his bedroom, turning red with embarrassment. His sex toys were all still lying around, scattered across the bed and on the nightstand. He quickly gathered all of them, tossing them into the bathtub.

"You're cute when you're flustered, darlin'," Harley smirked, grabbing Peter's chin and tilting it up gently. Their faces were barely two inches apart, each feeling the other's hot breath on their face. The brunette pulled away nervously, stepping back from Harley.

"Um... so..."

"You wanted to cuddle?" Peter nodded. "Ok. Let's cuddle then." Harley got onto the bed, followed by a cautious Peter. "I promise, darlin', I'm not going to hurt you." The brunette relaxed slightly, still rigid from nerves. Harley sighed, pulling Peter into his chest and spooning him, pressing his nose against the back of Peter's head. He had an arm draped over the smaller boy protectively, his hand against Peter's chest.

The young omega couldn't deny that the cuddling was helping... but it also made him nervous. He was taking a huge risk, letting an alpha he barely knew into his house, while he was in heat, especially. But Harley had kept his word so far, not hurting him or forcing him into anything. Peter yawned, cuddling into the alpha and falling asleep.

The brunette woke up to Harley whispering soft words of kindness and support into his ear, one hand messing with his curls and the other rubbing slow circles into Peter's chest. As nice as it felt, the omega couldn't help but let out a squeak, squirming out of Harley's arms.

"Oh, you're awake," he noted, smiling. Peter felt a pit of dread in his stomach, like he didn't fully trust that smile.

"What did you do to me?!" He exclaimed fearfully, his pad feeling completely soaked. That usually didn't happen until day three, so something was off.

"I didn't do anything, I swear. I just held you while you slept, that's all." Harley frowned, looking at Peter with concern. "Is something wrong?" The brunette ran to the bathroom, locking himself in. He didn't feel overly horrible. He changed his pad, seeing the crazy amounts of slick he had produced in only a few hours. He didn't feel too sore down there, so maybe Harley was telling the truth. Maybe the alpha deserved a bit more trust, after all, he had plenty of opportunities to hurt Peter, and still didn't.

He left the bathroom, looking at Harley awkwardly. The alpha was staring at him from the bed, expectation in his eyes.

"Um, I'm ok, sorry..." Harley's lips curled upwards in a tiny smile, shaking his head.

"You're fine. This is all about you, remember?" Peter nodded. He felt strangely attracted to this young alpha, whether it was real or just his heat talking, he didn't know.

"Right..." Peter looked into Harley's eyes, seeing only kindness and sincerity there. "I don't think I ever thanked you for this, so, uh... thanks." Harley nodded, looking mildly disappointed.

"No problem, darlin'." He stood up, walking out slowly. Peter tilted his head.

"You're leaving?" Harley turned quickly, looking hopeful.

"You want me to stay?"

"Oh, well um," Peter blushed, avoiding eye contact. "I still have six more days of heat..." Harley grinned, nodding.

"I'd love to help, what do you need?" Peter glanced toward the kitchen, remembering the food situation.

"Would you mind running an errand?" Harley furrowed his eyebrows, nodding. "I need some more food, I kind of... I kinda ate most of it..." He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "I would do it myself, but uh..."

"Alphas," Harley stated, looking down at the ground. "No, I understand. What do you want?"

"I really like pizza... and maybe some salad. Oh, and cereal and milk, please. Doesn't matter what kind." Harley nodded. "Well, not the ones with raisins. Those are nasty," Peter added. The southern boy laughed, nodding and leaving to grab the food. As soon as he was gone, Peter felt that familiar uncertainty flood in. Harley really did make him feel safe... even if he didn't know the blond that well.

With the doors relocked, Peter went to the bathroom, taking his sex toys out of the tub, cleaning them and tossing them back in the drawer. He had a feeling he wouldn't need them this week...

Once that was taken care of, the brunette hopped into the shower, feeling the water hit his skin soothingly. It was going nicely until he had a hot flash, immediately turning the water to cold in a desperate attempt to calm his body. Groaning, he turned the water off, toweling off and throwing on a robe. Just then, he heard a knock at the door, running to unlock it. Harley walked in with grocery bags, storing it away in the fridge.

"Thank you," Peter smiled, relieved to have food stored again.

"No problem, darlin'." The brunette's smile faltered, feeling something run down his leg.

"Shit." Harley stifled a laugh, scooping the smaller boy up and carrying him to the bedroom.

"Having a bit of a problem there, huh?" Peter flushed pink, putting his head in his hands. "Hey, no, that's what I'm here for." He paused. "If you're up to it, of course."

There's a smut sequel to this chapter! ("Heat" in the smut book) its technically the second part, but for all the people who don't read smut, the next part picks up after they ~do the do~

part 2 (3 technically) next!!

Requests?