Do You?

Emilie woke up with the feeling of calmness in her bones. She woke up on the right side of the bed, literally and figuratively. She rolled to her side and collided with someone else. That person didn't wake up thankfully. She didn't see anything wrong with the picture at first until she realized she was lying in bed with Benny Watts. That realization was quite sobering despite her already solid sobriety.

It was an odd feeling cause her first feeling wasn't regret, it was just utter uncertainty.

"What did I do?" Emilie whispered to herself.

She yelled silently, as to not wake up Benny, and then blew out a long breath.

She glanced at herself in the mirror in Benny's room. She was naked so she put on a shirt she found. She looked herself in the eyes and began talking to herself.

"You slept with Benny Watts. If your memory serves, you fucked Benny Watts. And you were sober so you have no excuse." Emilie sighed

"Why the hell did you do that? He was drunk. You literally have no excuse, he might not even remember this. Jesus what have you done," she shook her head.

"Should I call someone? I can't call Beth, I can call Jolene. Would she uh-"

Benny rustled in his sleep so this startled Emilie, she went to look outside.

The radio was still quiet playing. All of the people who had been there last night were still there, asleep on the floor.

She went back into the room, which was probably a good idea considering she wasn't wearing any pants. Emilie tried to close the door quietly but the squeak of the door hinge woke Benny up.

"Don't tell me you were going to leave before I woke up," he said groggily.

"Um, no don't worry," she said awkwardly, going to sit on a chair that was in the room. It was covered in clothes so she moved some of them aside and sat down, crossing her legs.

The two were quiet, it seemed like Benny wasn't going to say anything so Emilie did,

"We should talk about the... Last night," Emilie said curtly.

"Well it's pretty obvious what happened," He said, getting up and then promptly sitting back down to wrap the blanket around his waist.

"Do you remember what happened?" she asked, "I mean you were pretty drunk,"

"Nope I remember, everything. From hour 1 to.."

"Okay, the hours aren't what mattered,"

"What matters is do you regret it? I was drunk, you were sober, we had sex. Do you regret it?"

She didn't answer his question but rather posed her own, "What do we do from here? Do we act as nothing happened, do we-?"

"You want to act like nothing happened is what you're trying to say," Benny was cold, he had been casual and warm until this point.

Emilie sighed, "It's the simplest solution, I mean it would make sense"

Benny sighed and looked away from her, "I'll go make coffee,"

"Everyone else is still out there," Emilie clarified.

"I don't think they'll mind,"

"You should probably put on some clothes too," Emilie said looking away and attempting to dress herself.

Benny walked outside and slammed the bedroom door behind him, waking up everyone in the living room. She heard complaints and groans from outside but she lingered in his room for a second more. She made herself decent, attempting to take off the remnants of her makeup.

She looked in the mirror one more time before she planned to go out, but then something caught her eye. On his bedside, there was a familiar swatch of cloth. It was her scarf that she had left many moons ago. She didn't really know why he still had it, or what any of this means but she grabbed the scarf off the table and tied it in her hair.

Then she walked outside without a clue what the hell she would do next.