purple veins

Paramedics took Coach away, reassuring that he was going to be alright. I stood next to my twin, who was watching Stiles and his father hug. I look down at my hands, seeing the red stain all over. My hands shook in fear and disgust, just the thought of knowing Coach's blood on my hands made me squirm.

"Scott, you better look at this." Aiden yells at us. He was digging through Stiles's jeep, trying to find anything.

Inside there was familiar wrapping paper and what looked like a box of nuts and bolts. "It's the same wrapping paper we used for Coach's birthday present." Scott says examining the paper.

"Wasn't that William Barrows thing?" Aiden asks. "A bomb made from nails and bolts all wrapped in a birthday present? Where did it go off?"

Scott turns to look at Stiles, who was talking with his dad. A scared look appeared onto Scott's face, thinking about the worst. "On a school bus. Aiden call the school!"

I stood there in shock, not believing that Stiles could do such a thing. "Sheriff Stilinski!" I yell without thinking and run towards him. "There's been a bomb threat at the school on a school bus." I say panting due to me panicking to an extreme amount.

Without saying anything, Sheriff Stilinski jumped inside his squad car and sped off, the sirens echoing through the trees.

Stiles looked at me worried. "Bomb threat? Like a bomb that I could've set?"

I look away not wanting to meet his gaze, as tears pricked up.

"Tell me." Stiles says into my head.

I finally look up, my tear last fell from my eyes as I nod. "But it's fine okay? Everything will be fine Stiles. You wouldn't hurt anyone."

We stood behind a rail as Deputy Parrish went inside the school bus. A student was holding one of the gift boxes in the wrapping paper found in Stiles's jeep. Stiles looked mortified mixed with disbelief as I stood on his right.

"There's no bomb sir, but there's something in the box." Deputy Parrish's voice echoed from Noah's radio. Inside the bus, I could see Parrish moving towards the front of the bus with something in his hand. As he reaches the front he presses the object against the windshield, revealing a desk plaque with Sheriff Stilinski engraved in it.

Scott, Stiles, and I share a concerned glance with each other. "The bomb isn't here, it's at the station." The three of us run to the parking lot, climbing into Stiles jeep as he sped off. As Stiles drove, I could feel his intense fear and anxiety.

As Stiles's tires screeched to a stop, the three of us run inside to see a terrible scene. Shattered glass, splintered wood, and dry wall littered the floor along with deputies and desk supplies.

Sheriff Stilinski beat us here and was ordering ambulances off the radio. Scott looked terrified to be in here, seeing the destruction.

"Scott! Scott!" Stiles yelled as he crouched down by a deputy in need.

I looked around, spinning in circles until I saw a younger woman with blonde hair laying on the floor. I jogged to her when I saw a big bleed on her side, blood slowly pooling around her. "Hey I'm Myla, what's your name?" I ask her while I crouched next to her.

"Liz." She gasped. "Am I going to die?"

I grab her hand. "Not on my watch okay?" I put my other hand on her bleed and she groaned in pain. Eventually her eyes closed and I yelled and shook her, but she had passed out with a pulse.

I squeezed her hand when I started to feel a burn in my hand that spread throughout my body. I look at my hand to see dark purple veins throughout my hand that was squeezing hers. I look at my other hand and I saw light purple veins that seemed to be pulsing towards her body. I flinch back, but I then noticed her wound was healed. She wasn't bleeding anymore.

"Myla?" Liz opens her eyes and looks at me. "I feel better." I help her sit up. "You are a lifesaver. All I needed was someone here and I feel so much better. I'm going to help others okay?" Liz stands and goes to help her colleagues.

I fall back onto my butt, looking at my blood stained hands. What the hell did I just do?

"Go! Go!" I turned to see Sheriff Stilinski pointing and shooing at the traumatized Scott and Stiles, who had just seen someone die. Scott moves first and helps Stiles up. They both stumble back, for the dead man will be burned in their mind forever.

As they stumble past me, Stiles sees me and grabs my arm, pulling me with him. Scott led us to the exit, where Kira bumps into Scott.

"The Oni. They're coming." Kira says frantically.

Scott turns to Stiles and picks up his pace. "Stiles, we have to get you out of here." But Stiles didn't move any faster, it looked like he was in a trance as he held onto my arm.

"Stiles." I say and he snaps out of it, running with Scott and I to the jeep.

The rain outside drenched my clothes as I climbed into the back. "We have to get to the animal clinic." Scott says as Stiles puts the jeep in drive.

"The animal clinic?" I question.

Scott looks back at me. "Yeah, the place is lined with mountain ash. Just like our house. It will buy us some time."

"Mountain ash?" I blurt, not knowing what this stuff was.

"Yes. It's a powder that stops supernaturals from turning and breaking through." Scott informs and I nod, slightly understanding.

Stiles looks at Scott. "But they can get through it?"

Scott nods. "Eventually."

More questions filled my head. "Wait, they?"

Scott looks at me. "The Oni. They are black shadowy figures with a black coat, black mask, and yellow glowing eyes-"

"Like a firefly." I cut him off. I've seen these figures when Stiles was given a sedative in the hospital. He was standing in the morgue.

"You've seen them?" Scott interrogates.

"Uh," I stop myself, knowing that if I told them, they would ask me more questions, "no, I've heard someone say something about it."

"Does anyone have any better ideas?" Stiles asks. As the three of us stay silent, he answers the silence. "Okay, sure. Animal clinic."