atomic numbers

As Coach rambled about his miserable mischief night, Sheriff Stilinski pulled Stiles out. Scott and I share a glance as I sink in my seat.

After class we all find each other, Isaac, Stiles, Lydia, Allison, and I meet up in the hallway as Stiles fills us in. "William Barrow, he's hunting kids with glowing eyes. And no one knows how he woke up from anesthesia. When they opens him up, they found a tumor full of flies. Which would be awesome, but not now."

Lydia stops. "Did you say flies? All day I've been hearing the sound of flies buzzing."

We all look at each other, knowing that something wasn't good. Stiles runs down the hallways and I follow, in the search for Scott. Finally, we turn down the corner and Scott was standing outside the classroom. "Scott where have you been?" I ask.

"Police are leaving. Why are they leaving?" Lydia says catching up.

"They must've cleared the school. Maybe he's not here?" I say.

Lydia looked frustrated. "He has to be here. The buzzing is getting louder."

Stiles sighs. "How loud?"

Lydia closes her eyes in discomfort. "Very."

"I'll go find my dad, Lydia you come with me." Stiles says.

"I'll get my mom to see if she has anything that has a scent." Scott says. "Myla, you're with me."

We all split up as Scott texts Mom. "Scott, I haven't seen Mom yet."

"I'll tell her that I have a surprise too." Scott shrugs and keeps typing.

"Yeah perfect, a murderer in our school and me and Mom are going to reunite. Perfect environment for that." I roll my eyes.

"She's on her way. Just wait around the corner." Scott directs and I nod.

A few minutes later Mom comes around the corner and she meets up with Scott. "Thanks Mom."

"Scott you be careful, I looked this guy dead in the eyes and it was terrifying." Mom hands him the bag.

"Okay Mom I promise." Scott nods and kisses her in the forehead.

"Um what was the surprise you had?" Mom asks.

Scott looks back at me, who was peeking around the corner.

Mom's jaw drops. "Myla?" I step out and I run to her and jump into a huge hug. "What are you doing here?"

We both let go so we can look at each other. "I may or may not have snuck out. With Dad here, he doesn't know. Well not yet. He'll know tonight because my babysitter will call him again."

"Do you know?" She asks.

"Yes, I know everything. I'm helping out." I smile and a worried face goes onto hers.

"Be careful okay? Scott, you better keep her safe or I will kill you." She kisses my forehead. "Love you both." She blows us a kiss before leaving.

Scott and I meet up with Isaac, Ethan, and Aiden. "Lydia thinks he's still here even though the cops searched the whole school. But they didn't have this." Scott pulls out the piece of clothing inside the bag. "Our sense of smell." They all take a deep breath of the hospital gown, taking in the scent. We all go down the the basement, the boiler room. Scott and Issac talk ahead of me as I scan the basement. Suddenly the fire alarm was pulled and we all run up upstairs, figuring out what's wrong. We run outside where I spot Lydia and Stiles.

"There!" I point and the werewolves follow me. "We didn't find anything." I say.

"If he were to set a bomb off, wouldn't he set it off by now? School is over." Stiles says.