a shadow

I sat in the waiting room alone, as Scott and Derek left to the roof. I wanted to speak to Stiles, but every time I tried, all I heard was a metal clanging noise, a noise that was driving me insane. I closed my eyes, trying to escape the noise, but nothing helped. Suddenly, a rush of sadness and fear washed over me, which was Stiles's. "Everyone has it, but no one can lose it." rang in my head, it was the same thing that I heard in the woods. "What is it?" The words got louder and louder in my head, that plugging my ears was the only thing I could do. Tears sprung from my eyes as I was afraid, and the words were so loud in my head. "What is it?" The words boomed louder, I started to breathe heavily, as the words were too loud. Finally, Stiles's voice rang in my head, except it was even louder than the words before. "I don't know!"

Silence finally sounds as I take my hands off my ears. "What is it Stiles?" The unknown voice whispered.

"A shadow." I say aloud as Stiles says it in my head in unison. The lights started to flicker as my tears on my face dry. I stand, looking at the flickering lights above me. I run the the stairwell, making it onto the roof. As I opened the door, sparks flew from the electrical transformer. Scott and Derek were running towards me, pushing me to go back down the stairs.

We quickly go all the way the the first floor, where a few screams echoed outside. All three of us share a glance before running outside. As we run out, Kira seemed to standing in a huge puddle in the parking lot. The large live electrical wire swung uncontrollably next to her and I noticed the water must be electrical. I hold my arm out to block Scott as I slow down before the water. I look to see Kira grab the wire and put her hand on it, making the electricity not dangerous anymore.

I look down, seeing Issac Lahey laying in the water. "Issac!" I run through the water and kneel beside him, seeing the burns up his neck and realizing he wasn't breathing. "Scott! He's not breathing! Scott!"

Derek runs over, picking Issac's lifeless body up and running inside.

I sat at the kitchen table in a trance, unable to sleep. The sun started to peek through the window as footsteps sounded from the staircase.

"Myla?" My mom's voice sounded and I look over in her direction, seeing a tired look on her face.

"They're still looking for him." I say emotionless.

Mom walks past me, starting her coffee and grabbing a mug. Once it finishes, she pours herself a cup full and sits next to me. We don't say anything, which was nice, I just stared forward.

It felt like an hour before I heard my brother come down the steps. "Any news?"

My back was towards Scott and I felt my mother glance at me before answering. "They're still looking for him. It's past the 48-hour mark, but I guess if anyone's going to go missing for two days and turn up just fine, it's Stiles."

"What about Issac?" He asks.

My mom stands, taking a deep breath. "Maybe we should go by the hospital before school." She puts her hand on my shoulder. "All three of us." Mom sighs. "I'm going to get ready." With that she goes back upstairs, leaving Scott and I together.

"Are the those the clothes you had on last night?" Scott asks sitting next to me.

I look down, noticing that I, in fact, haven't changed. "Yeah, I guess so."

"You haven't slept, you didn't come into the room. Come on, let's get you dressed." Scott stands and lightly grabs my bicep pulling upwards, urging me to get up. I do so and we walk up the steps, with me firmly holding onto his arm.

As we walk through the halls of the hospital, I still held onto Scott's arm, as he felt safe for me to be around. As we reach the burn unit, we see a familiar brown haired girl asleep in a waiting chair. Scott lightly taps her awake, finally seeing the face of Allison Argent.

"Have you been here all night?" Scott asks her.

Allison rubs her eyes before responding. "Yeah. I'm not family so I'm not allowed in the there."

"Well I got a key card." My mom holds up a card and swipes in the card reader, where the light turns green, opening the doors. I close my eyes once I see Issac laying in the bed in pain. A tear rolls down my cheek as I know that the nogitsune inside Stiles did this.

"Stiles did this?" Allison asks, grabbing Scott's other hand.

Scott turns to the broken girl. "Whatever is inside him."

"Then how the hell do we get whatever's inside of him the hell out of him?" Allison asks demandingly.

"I'm working on that." Scott says determined.

As school is over, Coach has a meeting with the team, but since the team is mostly boys, I was stuck standing outside the locker room. Lack of sleep made my head spin, so I sat on the cold floor. I close my eyes, just for voices to fill my head. Teachers and students voices all came to my head filling it. But one voice came more clear in my head than any other. That was the voice of Stiles Stilinski humming.