Chapter 12

Xavier POV:
It's been hours jeez how long does it take to tell us he's okay. We were sitting in the waiting room at the mafia hospital, Stella was asleep on Soren's lap, Sam and I were discussing how the hell we're gonna explain this to Stel.

"Capo!" The doctor came out and said. I immediately stood up, as did Sam. Soren stood up, which waked Stella.

"How is he?"

"He's fine. Given the circumstances of his previous condition he's lucky he didn't get a infection, that could have been terminal."

I was confused, as was my siblings. "What do you mean previous condition?"

"Oh, he didn't tell you?" I shook my head. "During surgery I noticed medical procedures done on him before hand all indicating he was being treated already."

"Treated for what?" Soren asked, Stella leaning next to him.

"Leukemia."

I stood there for a second. Grey has Leukemia? Why didn't he tell me? Why wouldn't he tell me?

I ran past the doctor into Grey's room. He was awake. "WHERE YOU EVER GOING TO TELL ME!"  I demanded, while my siblings ran in behind me.

"Tell you what?" Grey played innocent.

"LEUKEMIA!" I yelled. His eyes closed for a second while his face turned into one of nervousness. "Well?"

"No, I wasn't."

"What the hell Grey!" Sam yelled.

"WHY THE FUCK NOT WE'RE YOUR FAMILY AND YOU WEREN'T GOING TO TELL US!" Soren announced.

"Guys look I'm—"

"What possible excuse could you have for not telling us—Grey we're the only family you have left!" I demanded.

"Exactly! You're the only family I have left!" He paused putting his words together. "I didn't want you to suffer with me!"

"But Grey we could have done something!" Sam added.

"No you couldn't!" He sniffled. "No you couldn't." He said quieter. "I checked, your bone marrow isn't compatible with mine. I tried all of yours. Twice! Chemo isn't working, without the transplant, doctors say I'm terminal."

"There has to be something!" I yelled.

"Xavier there isn't. I'm going to die, I just wanted to die without my family suffering for so long because of me!" Grey was crying.

"Grey we can check our dna again!" Sam tried.

"Don't bother I tried each of yours. It's not even close, my blood is O-negative, it's rare, all of you are B+..."

"I'm O-negative." A small voice from behind me said.

Stella.

"Did-did you check mine?"

Grey looked stumped. He shook his head.

Please please be a match.

"Doctor!" I yelled, and the doctor ran in. I need a bone marrow comparative test done.

"Yes capo!"

A few minutes later the took some blood from Grey then turned to Stella who was extremely nervous.

"You okay?" Sam asked.

"I never liked needles."

I walked over and got on my knee so she was at eye level sitting the the chair. "It's gonna be okay princess, promise. You won't even feel it!" She still looked scared. "Here you can hold my hand while the doctor does it okay." She nodded.

"For Grey" she mumbled as the needle was inserted, and blood was filling into the vile.

"See princess, all done!" I said enthusiastically as the doctor wiped the spot where the needle was and applied a bandaid.

"It's going to take about a day to get the results in—even with pulling strings." The doctor told me. "He can go home now, he's just not allowed to walk on his left foot."

We were finally back at home—while we were at the hospital, I had crews clean up and fix any damage to the house. When we walked in it was like nothing happened.

Man I need to give these guys a raise.

We walked upstairs to Stellas bedroom, we figured having the talk there would be more comfortable.

She was sitting on her bed when all four of us walked in. "Stella, we owe you a explanation."

"What we do for a living is dangerous—" Grey started.

"That's why when you were a baby mom and dad sent you away, for your own protection. But you were kidnapped from the safe house, non of us could find you. And believe me Principessa, we had armies out searching for you." I paused. "I can't beat around the bush much longer, what I'm about to tell you, you may hate us for. I just really hope you don't because you are the most important person in our lives.—we head the Italian mafia. I took over as don after dad died."

We stood in silence for five minutes, however it felt like a eternity. "Stel please say something." Sam said softly.

"I—" she tried.

"Please don't hate us—" Soren added.

He finally looked up. "I could never hate you."

Does this mean she's okay with it?

"I just need some time to process all thats happened today."

"Of course, it's late you should sleep." I said softly, getting of the bed and tucking her in under the covers. "Goodnight princess." I said as I kissed her forehead. "I love you always."