F I F T Y F O U R

Start from the beginning

"Mae!" He said when he perked through the kitchen door.

"Jamie!" She smiled and ran up to the boy who already had opened arms.

"Oh who knew I'd miss you this much" he laughed as he hugged her tightly.

"I did." She laughed

"Never thought I'd have separation anxiety from you."

"Once again. I did." She squeezed him tighter then she looked back at the door and saw the other two boys. She pushed herself out of James' arms and ran into Sirius' arms.

"Miss me?" He laughed as he opened his arms up and lifted her off the ground in a hug.

"Yes. Yes, I did." She chuckled. He placed her back onto the ground and let her go. She turned to the side and looked up and smiled at moony before pulling him into a hug.

"Little Potter." He hugged her back.

"Beanstalk." She teased.

He messed up her hair as they pulled out of the hug.

"Where's my secret gossip boy?"

"Pete is busy tonight apparently already had plans," Sirius said.

"How rude." She pulled a sarcastic angry face.

"He'll be here Christmas Eve though," James added.

"Fair enough." She shrugged her shoulders.

"What kind of plans did he have?" She asked as they walked into the kitchen.

"Don't know actually we didn't ask," Remus said.

"Nope out of the kitchen." Fleamont pointed to the other door. "I'm busy in here." He said as he turned on a burner on the stove.

They walked out through the other door into the hallway and made their way to the living room.

"Tonight... plans tonight?" She mumbled to herself. 'Reg said there was a meeting tonight. Since all the school kids would be back. No. Just a coincidence' she said to herself and shook her head.

The four teens flopped onto the couches in front of the fireplace that was already on and caught up on their lives.

~

December 24th

Everyone who was coming over for dinner came in between 5:30-6. The older guest stayed in the main living room drinking and talking amongst themselves. Most of them were members of the order plus a few extra guests.

In the living room on the second floor we're the teens who were mostly already at the house, the girls and Peter got there early in the morning though, and Regulus arrived an hour ago. The three couples that were there were cuddles up with their s/o other the couches while Marlene and Peter were sitting alone given both their girls were elsewhere.

"I know you said there would be more people but-" he looks up at her cause his head is in her lap. "-this is a lot of people" He chuckled.

"Yeah, they invited the order. Some came. And some family friends. We can sit across at the opposite end of my dad."

"Sounds like a plan." He shifts his body.

"Are you afraid of him?" She laughs a little.

"Psh. Afraid? Nooo."

"Oh you're too bloody adorable"

~

Soon enough the guest were all here. They were all in the big green room. It wasn't till about halfway through when the inevitable conversations started to happen. Fabien and Gideon Prewett were sat directly across from Madeline and Regulus.