xix. NEXT SUMMER

It was a year after everything had gone down and Beverly was here visiting.

Life had been pretty great. Sabrina was living with Stanley, his mom had taken her in, and her and Bill had almost been dating for a year. Two days till their anniversary.

Right now, Ben was leading them to a place he supposedly built underground and Sabrina was excited. The group had been walking through the woods for awhile, but they finally arrived at a trap door.

Ben opened it confidently and climbed down, "Come down!" He shouted up and Beverly was the first to go down.

Eventually they were all inside this underground bunker and Sabrina thought it was pretty cool.

"What the dick is this? How'd you build it?" Trash mouth asked. "When did you build it?" Bill added on. "Here and there I guess, it was already dug out from something so I had to, uh, reinforce the walls and get some wood for the roof door and then that's pretty much it. Pretty good for my first time, huh?" Ben leaned over and placed his hand on a pillar, causing part of the roof to fall.

Sabrina let out a small snort as Richie said, "Now that's a cool feature. What happens when you put your hand on the other pillar, professor?"

Sabrina turned to Eddie as he began to rant, "Okay you see, that is exactly why we have safety codes, why we have permits. This place is a death trap, you understand that?"

"Well, It's a work in progress, okay, Eddie?" Ben responded and Sabrina smiled at him, "I think it's cool, Ben."

"Thank you, Sab." Ben smiled at her, but Eddie shook his head, "Just so you know, if I get hurt and your alive-" Eddie trailed off as he saw a thing chained to the ceiling pole, "Also, what is this? A switch to an iron maiden?"

"It's a flashlight."

"And what is that, a horse hitch? When did you have horses-" Eddie once again got distracted as he picked up a paddle ball game. "-Oh this is cool."

"That was like three dollars, so be careful with that please." Ben said.

"I have one of these." Eddie said as he began hitting the ball against the paddle, "Hey, Stan, you see this?" He kept hitting the ball right in Stanley's face. "Yeah, it's okay, could you maybe not?" Stan asked, talking about the ball that was almost hitting his face.

Sabrina stood against the wall with Bill, Richie, and Bev, watching Eddie in amusement and annoyance. "'Maybe not what? Yeah, yeah, hold on. Maybe not what? Maybe not what? Be awesome and have fun and celebrate the magic of the paddle ball-" Eddie spoke before the paddle ball flew out of his hand and hit Stan, causing the game to break.

"Wow. Oh, good going, dumb nut, you broke his thing." Eddie said to Stanley. "I broke it?" Stanley asked in disbelief. "Yeah, you broke it with your face." Eddie responded and Stanley said, "What?"

"I'm not putting my fucking hand down there." Eddie spoke, referring to the panel that the ball fell down. "You're ridiculous, Eddie. None of us are doing it when you broke it." Sabrina told her brother as she rolled her eyes.

"I didn't break it! Stanley did." Eddie exclaimed. "No, Eddie, you're the one that hit Stanley with it, dumbass!" She smacked the side of her brother's head. "Ow!"

"Yeah, hopefully that knocked the stupid out of you."

🎈🎈🎈

It was the next day and they were at the hangout that Ben built. Sabrina couldn't stop smiling because it was one more day this her and Bill's anniversary.

Once they dropped down into the bunker, Stanley opened a tin that he had brought with his. "What's that, Stanners?" Sabrina asked him as he pulled out a handful of shower caps. "It's spider protection." He smiled and held one out to her. "Yes, fucking give me that, oh my gosh, I hate those demon bugs." She snatched the cap out of his hand and watched as he went around the room giving one to everyone.

The last person was Richie, who had already claimed his spot in the hammock. "What the fuck is this?" Richie asked, snatching it from Stanley's hand. "It's so you don't get spiders stuck in your hair while you're down here." Stanley smiled. "Stanley, we're not afraid of fucking spiders."

When Richie said this, everyone's head shot his direction, as they had already put the caps on their heads. "I stand corrected." Richie spoke. Sabrina let out a small laugh as Eddie ripped his off his head.

"That's a first." Beverly laughed as she lit a cigarette. "Touché." Richie smirked before he went back to reading a comic book.

"Hey, Rich, your ten minutes are up." Eddie walked up to the hammock and Sabrina began watching, already knowing that the boys were gonna argue. "What are you talking about?"

"The hammock! Ten minutes each was the rule." Eddie explained. "I don't see any sign." Richie sassed. "Are you being this way right now? Why would there be a sign if there was a verbal agreement?" Eddie and Richie began talking over each other before Eddie gave up and just jumped on the hammock with him.

Sabrina soon grew annoyed and shouted, "Geez, you guys argue like a married couple!" And that shut them up quickly. "Shut up, Sabrina, that's why your mom disowned you." Richie spat. "Is that supposed to be offensive? I'm glad my mom disowned me. I'd rather be a Uris than a Kaspbrak anyways." She responded and Eddie's head shot her way.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He looked offended. "Ugh, that's not what I meant." She whined. "It doesn't matter, she's going to end up being a Denbrough anyways." Beverly smirked.

"Be quiet, Bev." Sabrina looked down with red cheeks, feeling embarrassed. "She's blushing!" Stanley pointed out, teasing her. "Shut up, Stan!" She shrieked, pushing him over. Before she could fully beat him up, Bill grabbed her hand and pulled her back with a smile on his face.

"Don't kill S-Stan." He laughed. "I won't, I won't." She giggled. She zoned out of the conversation as she helped Bill duct tape part of the ceiling.

She zoned back in when she heard someone mention Florida. She then looked to see it was Mike. "What's in Florida, Mike?" Ben asked. "I don't know. I-I guess it's just a place I've always wanted to go." Mike responded and Sabrina walked over to join the conversation.

"Then you should go right to Florida." Richie spoke, "You already act eighty, you'd clean up with all the grandmas." Richie said before he mocked kisses.

"Do you guys think we'll still be friends?" Stanley asked, "When we're older?" He added.

"What?" Ben laughed, "Why wouldn't we be?"

Bill walked over and took a seat next to Sabrina, deciding to finally join the conversation.

"Do any of your parents still hangout with their friends from middle school?" Stan asked and Sabrina tried to hold back a laugh as she watched Eddie kick off Richie's glasses. "I mean, things might be different then. We all might be different."

"We'll always be friends. I don't think that just g-goes away because we get older." Bill responded. "Bill's right. Plus, none of you can get rid of me." Sabrina smiled. "Yeah, Stan, come on. You don't have to be so...sad." Beverly said.

"I'll always be here. Whether we talk all the time or not at all. I'll always be your guys friend. I mean, we defeated a kid eating clown together....how many people can say they did that with their friends?" Sabrina smiled and pulled Stanley into a hug. Before she knew it, everyone was hugging Stanley, causing the group to fall to the group. They all bursted out laughing as they were all fallen on top of each other.

Sabrina couldn't contain the happiness she felt and she hoped this feeling would never fade away.

🎈

CHAPTER NINETEEN - NEXT SUMMER