xi. WELL HOUSE

Sabrina and Bill came to a quick stop outside the well house. "This place is creepy." The girl whispered, putting her bike on the ground and walking into the yard, "You're sure- you're sure about this Bill?" She gave him a worried look.

Bill put his bike down and walked up to her side, grabbing her hand, "I'm sure."

The duo walked slowly up to the porch, hand in hand, as Bill began saying his tongue twister, "He thrusts his fists against the posts and still insists he sees the go-gh-go-" "Guys!" Richie's voice stopped them as they turned around on the porch steps.

"Come on guys, you can't go in there. This is crazy." Beverly told them as everyone placed their bikes down and walked in front of the two.

"Look, you don't have to come in with me. But, what happens when another Georgie goes missing? Or another Betty? Or another Ed Corcoran? Or one of us? Are you just gonna pretend it isn't happening like everyone else in this town? Because I can't. I go home, and all I see is that Georgie isn't there. His clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals, but...he isn't. So, walking into this house, for me, is easier than walking into my own." Bill told them all.

Sabrina squeezed his hand and gave him a sympathetic smile as the two turned back around and walked up to the door. "I'm proud of you." She whispered, leaning over and planting a kiss on his cheek. "Wait!" They heard Stanley call out and stopped moving.

"Um...shouldn't we have some people keep watch?" He asked them, "You know, just in case something bad happens?"

"Who wants to stay out here?" Bill asked as he placed his hand on the door knob, receiving raised hands from everyone except Bev and Sabrina.

"Fuck." Richie stated. "Guess we're pulling straws. Eddie, give me your fannypack." Sabrina spoke, letting go of Bill's hand and walking down the steps. Her brother handed over his fannypack and she grabbed the straws out, along with the scissors.

"Why do you have straws and scissors in your fannypack?" Richie laughed. "Rich, you never question what's in Eddie's fannypack." Sabrina told him.

She then turned and walked back up to the porch and faced Bill, her back turned to the group. "Here, hold the straws and I'll cut them." She handed him the straws and he held them in a row. She cut each one a different length, then placed them in her hand.

She lined them up and only showed the top, so that they wouldn't be able to tell which straws were taller and shorter.

Everyone picked one and it ended up that Richie and Eddie picked the shortest straws. The two gave a small whine, but didn't complain too much.

Sabrina walked back up to Bill, grabbing his hand as he opened the door and walked in, followed by Eddie and Richie. "Okay, what's going on with you two?" Richie asked. "Who?" Sabrina questioned.

"You and Bill." She noticed his eyes were on their interlocked hands. "Yeah, do you know how many germs are spread from holding hands with another person?" Eddie spoke up. "Shut up, Eddie." She mumbled as they made their way into the house fully.

"I still can't believe I pulled the short straw. You guys are lucky we're not measuring dicks." Richie snarled and Sabrina shook her head, "You still would've lost, Rich."

"Oh, yeah? Want proof?" He looked at her. "Ew, hell no." She gagged as Eddie said, "Shut up, Richie."

"I can smell it." Eddie whispered.

"Don't breathe through your mouth." Richie retorted. "How come?" Eddie looked at the Tozier boy. "Because then you're eating it." He responded, then walked off to the room on the left.