ii. BARRENS

Sabrina stood in her room and sighed contently once it finally registered in her mind that it was summer. She flopped back onto the bed and grinned, feeling satisfied with how the year had gone, she only hoped that summer would be better.

Sabrina paused as she heard her bedroom door creak open, turning to see Eddie standing there.

"Uh, hey, Ed? You didn't knock." Sabrina said, shooting him a glare.

"I don't have to knock." He responded. What? She thought. Eddie never talked back to her, he usually just apologized.

"Yes you do, cause it's, ya know, my room." Sabrina said with furrowed brows.

She grew concerned when Eddie didn't respond, instead he just tilted his head and his smile grew.

"Eddie, what do you want? Are Bill and Richie here yet?" Sabrina threw her arms to the side, trying to ignore how creepy he was being.

"Eddie!" She began growing angry and stormed forward, pushing him out of the way and exiting her room. She quickly walked to the kitchen and froze in her spot once she saw Richie, Billy, and Eddie raiding the cabinets.

"Eddie.." She whispered, turning her head to look down the hallway.

"Oh, hey Sab. You ready to go?" Richie turned and asked her.

"Eddie, why did you come in my room?" She asked, but Eddie just furrowed his eyebrows, saying, "I didn't come in your room."

"That's not funny, Eddie. You were just in there." Sabrina pointed down the hall.

"N-no, he w-wasn't S-S-Sabrina. He's been out here the w-whole t-time." Billy gave her a concerned look.

"What?" She whispered, pushing up on her toes and running down the hall and into her room. "B-but you were just in here." She pushed her hands through her hair.

"No, I wasn't Sabrina." Eddie replied, looking at her with confusion.

"This isn't funny guys, if you're joking you better tell me now." She demanded.

"Sabrina, we've been in the kitchen the whole time." Richie told her. "A-are you o-okay?" Billy asked, placing a soft hand on her shoulder.

"Yeah. Let's just- let's get out of here." She walked out of her room and to the kitchen. The boys quickly grabbed their backpacks and walked to the front door, Sabrina following behind.

"Eddie-bear, Sabby-pie, where you guys off too in such a rush?" Sabrina turned and saw her mom reclining in the chair while she painted her nails.

Sabrina stood behind Billy, who was holding open the front door, and next to Richie. "Uh, j-j-just my b-b-backyard, Mrs.K. I got a n-new..." Billy froze up, but Richie came to the rescue, "A new croquet set. Jeez, spit it out, B-B-Bill!"

"Okay. Oh, and sweetie, don't go rolling around on the grass. Especially if it's just been cut. You know how bad your allergies can get." Her mother spoke to Eddie and Sabrina rolled her eyes, Eddie was the favorite and that was obvious. "Yes, Mom." Eddie replied to his mother before turning to the boys and saying, "Let's go."

"Aren't you forgetting something?" The older woman asked and Eddie let out a sigh as he walked forward and kissed his mother's cheek. Richie held a hand over his mouth, trying very hard not to laugh, "Do you want one from me too, Mrs.K?"

Eddie began shoving the boys out of the house, but stopped once Sabrina's mother called for her, "Oh, Sabrina?"

"Yes, mom?" She peeked her head inside the door. "If I hear that you ventured off with any boys other than these ones, you will be punished." Her mother spoke sternly.