PROLOGUE

OCTOBER 1988

Sabrina was taking a walk in the rain, smiling and laughing. She loved the rain more than any other type of weather. As she was walking down the street, she saw Georgie running along in the rain.

"Georgie! Wait up!" Sabrina grinned, sprinting to catch up to the younger boy. "Rina!" Georgie cheered, turning around and running towards her as well.

"Hey, little guy." She smiled, pulling the boy in the yellow rain jacket into her arms, "What are you doing out by yourself?"

"Bill made me a boat!" Georgie beamed, shoving the boat up into Sabrina's face. "Wow, Georgie. That's really cool." She inspected the object, "It's waterproof?"

"Yeah!" Georgie giggled happily.

 "Billy is a genius, isn't he?" Sabrina complimented her friend. "Yeah, he is." The young boy agreed.

"Speaking of Bill, is he not out here with you?" She asked, her brows furrowed- though she could obviously see that he wasn't outside. Georgie pouted, clutching the boat tightly in his hands, "He's sick, but at least he made me the boat."

Sabrina sighed, "Yeah, that's good. I'm glad you'll have something to keep you busy out here! Anyways, you have fun Georgie, I should probably head home. Get home before it's dark, okay?" 

"Okay!" He grinned and nodded eagerly as Sabrina crouched down to his level, patting the top of his raincoat, "Tell Bill that I hope he feels better." 

Sabrina then stood back up and turned around, ready to make her way home.

"I will!" Georgie shouted after her, waving before turning the opposite way and going down the street with his boat.

As Sabrina was walking home, she turned around to say one more thing to the boy. "Oh and Georgie?" She yelled, seeing him turn around, his brows furrowed as he was ready to listen.

"Be careful."

JUNE 1989

Sabrina stood in her room, jumping up and down with hairbrush in her hand as she screamed the lyrics to Dancing Queen by ABBA.

"You are the dancing queen! Young and sweet, only seventeen!" She shouted, giggling as she sang.

"Sabrina! Turn that horrible tune off and get ready for school!" Her mother yelled at her.

"Mom! It's Dancing Queen, I can't turn it off, you're just going to have to wait." Sabrina smiled in satisfaction when her mother didn't respond.

"Having the time of your life! Ooh, see that girl, watch that scene. Digging the dancing queen!" Sabrina continued on, this time being scolded by her twin brother instead.

"Sab! Shut up, please." Eddie whined as he opened her door and peeked into her room.

"Go away, Ed. A girl needs to be a dancing queen every once in awhile. Let me live my life." She defended herself before she shooed him away.

Her mother got annoyed of her singing and rushed into her room, shutting the radio off. "Stop causing ruckus and get ready for school right now, Sabrina!" Her mom said with anger in her tone.

Sabrina slammed her hairbrush down and stormed over to her closet as her mom left the room, "Fine!"

The girl grabbed out a Nirvana t-shirt along with a pair of black ripped shorts. She then went back over and grabbed her hairbrush, brushing through the messy strands of hair on her head.

Sabrina then exited her room and went to the bathroom- brushing her teeth, doing her business, and washing her hands.

"I'm ready for school mom!" She shouted, leaving the bathroom. "Bye, see you later." She faked a smile, trying to hurry out of the room before her mom asked for a kiss.

Her mom's face dropped as Sabrina passed her, the bigger woman yelling after her, "Aren't you forgetting something?"

"Nope!" Sabrina retorted before hurrying out of the house, grabbing her bike that was leaning against the side of her home.

"You got away without a smooch?" Eddie asked, approaching her and grabbing his bike.

"Sure did, baby bro. Let's go." Sabrina hopped on her bike and began peddling to school.

"I'm younger by two minutes, Sabrina!"

🎈

PROLOGUE