xviii. FAREWELL

"I can only remember parts, I thought I was dead. That's what it felt like. I saw us, all of us together back in the cistern, but we were older, like, our parents' ages." Beverly was explaining what she saw in the dead lights as they were sitting near the bridge and water.

"W-Wha-What were we all doing there?" Bill spoke up from his spot beside Sabrina.

"I just remember how we felt. How scared we were. I don't think I can ever forget that." When Beverly finished talking, Bill jumped up from his spot and grabbed a piece of glass, "Swear it. Swear if It isn't dead, if It ever comes back, we'll come back, too."

When Bill finished talking, everyone rose to their feet, watching as Bill cut across his left hand. He then walked around the circle, cutting all the hands of his friends. First Sabrina, then Richie, then Eddie, Mike, Stanley, Ben, and lastly Beverly.

They all stood in a circle and gripped hands with each other, thus forming a blood oath. They held hands for a few seconds then let go. "I gotta go." Stanley was the first to speak up. "I hate you." He spat, before a smile grew on his face and the group began laughing. "I'll see you later."

"Bye, Stan." Bill said, then Sabrina smiled at her friend, "Bye, Stanners."

Next to leave was Eddie, who hugged Richie, then his sister. "Bye, guys." He spoke softly and Sabrina smiled, "Bye, Eds. Be safe at home, loser." She smiled at him as he walked away.

Then Mike left, "See you later, losers."

Then Richie. "See you around, Bill." He spoke with a small wave. "See you, Rich." "See you guys later."

Then Ben left, leaving Sabrina, Bill, and Beverly.

"Y-Y-You all packed for Portland?" Bill asked her. "Yeah, pretty much." Beverly responded, "I'm going tomorrow morning."

"How long will you be gone?" Sabrina asked.

"My aunt, she says I can stay for as long as I want, so..." They all grew quiet, they didn't want to say goodbye. "Just so you know...I never felt like a loser
when I was with all of you."

Sabrina cracked a smile and looked at the ginger. "I can't believe you're leaving me alone with all these boys." She let out a sad laugh. "You'll cope fine." Beverly laughed.

"I'm gonna miss you." Sabrina stood up with Beverly and pulled him into a hug, "I'm gonna miss you too."

Bill then stood up and hugged Beverly once the two girls pulled away. "Well, see you guys around." Beverly bid farewell and began walking away. "Bye, Bev." Sabrina whispered and sat down, Bill doing the same.

"And then there were two." Sabrina whispered, laying her head down on Bill's shoulder. The two sat there in silence, listening to the chirps of the birds and the small motion of the water.

What a summer.

🎈

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - FAREWELL