xiv. GONE MISSING

AUGUST 1989

It had been a little while since the group had been together as a whole. Sabrina kept in contact with everyone, except Richie, but especially Bill.

She had only got to see her brother when they planned to meet as she hadn't been able to go home. Since they had to plan it and her mother wasn't letting Eddie out of the house- she had only seen him once. And to be honest, it sucked. Sabrina had never gone so long without seeing her brother.

Everyday she had either stayed at Beverly's, which she didn't necessarily like because she was scared of her dad.

Or she had stayed at Stanley's because his mom had always welcomed her, as she hated Sabrina's mom as much as Sabrina did.

Or, her favorite option, she successfully snuck into Bill's- but that only happened a few times because she had been caught once and got slightly scolded by his mother, but she pretty much let it slide because she loved Sabrina.

Their relationship had been going great and right now they were heading to a meet up spot- planning to meet Bev to hangout.

The two were biking down the road, telling jokes and laughing.

When they arrived to the spot, they threw their bikes to the ground while laughing. "S-Sab, that was not f-funny." He let out a small laugh. "That's why you're laughing." She pointed out, "How is it not funny, B? Everyone I've ever told the joke to thought it was funny."

"Okay, okay. M-Maybe I heard you w-wrong. S-say it again." Bill asked her to repeat the joke, in which she gladly complied.

"Knock knock."

"Who's there?"

"Tank."

"Tank who?" Once Bill said those words, Sabrina began laughing, struggling to finish. "Y-you're welcome." She said through spurts of laughter.

She grinned in success, through her laughter, when she heard Bill let out some small laughs. Butterflies rose to her stomach and her laughter got caught in her throat when she felt Bill's hands on her waist.

"Hello?" She grinned sheepishly when she noticed how close they were. "Hi." He responded, letting out a small laugh. Sabrina blushed and leaned forwards, placing her lips on his. When they pulled back, they had stared at each other for a moment until Sabrina leaned forwards and placed her head down on his chest.

"Do you ever think we'll be a group again?" She whispered. "I miss them, Bill."

"Me t-tuh-too." He whispered back, placing a small kiss on her forehead. Sabrina picked her head up and looked around, now realizing Beverly was nowhere in sight.

"What time is it?" She looked towards her boyfriend. She watched as he looked at his watch then back up with furrowed brows, "S-she should b-be here." He told her. "Should we go get her?" Sabrina asked and Bill nodded, this making the two hop on their bikes and ride down the street.

The two arrived to the building and threw their bikes down, running to the stairs and quickly making their way up. When they arrived to her door, they saw the it was open. "That's not good." Sabrina whispered, pushing the door open wider and rushing inside.

"Beverly?" Bill spoke from beside Sabrina, the two stopping in their spots. The duo looked down the hall, towards the bathroom and Sabrina saw a limp hand. "Bill." She whispered, grabbing his hand in fright.

The two walked forwards slightly and Sabrina let out a shriek when she saw Beverly's dad lying on the floor, blood leaking from his head. "Oh my god. Is he dead?" Sabrina backed into Bill. "I-I d-don't know."

"Shit! Where's Bev?" Sabrina and Bill rushed to her room and looked inside. Sabrina's eyes widened when she saw the message and she gripped Bill's hand tightly.

YOU DIE IF YOU TRY

The message was written along the walls in blood.
"Beverly!" Bill shouted, backing away from the room and running. "Bev!" Sabrina screamed, the two quickly exiting the apartment and riding away on their bikes.

The duo dropped their bikes on one side of the street then ran across the road, entering the arcade. The two ran up to the boy in the glasses as he was playing street fighter and called out his name, "Richie!" "Rich!"

"What do you want? You see that guy I'm hitting? I'm pretending it's you." Richie spoke towards Bill with anger. "I-I-IT got Beverly." Bill told Richie.

"What are you talking about?" The sarcastic boy asked. "IT, Richie. IT got Beverly." Sabrina responded, making the boy turn around and face them, "Shit."

"Yeah, shit. Look, I'll call Eds, you guys call the others, got it?" Sabrina looked at the boys and they nodded. She then ran up to the front desk at the arcade, "Hi, would it be possible for me to use your phone? I forgot mine and my brother fell off his bike outside, he's pretty hurt." She lied. "Of course, sweetheart." The woman replied, handing her the phone.

Sabrina walked as far away as she could and dialed the home phone number, hoping her mother wouldn't pick up.

"Hello?" She heard the voice of her brother speak from the other end of the phone. "Oh thank god, Eddie. Hey, it's Sabrina."

"Sab? What's up? You know mom will kill me if she finds out I'm on the phone with you."

"Look, Eddie, the clown got Bev. We're calling everyone, meet at Bill's as soon as possible."

"Okay. I'll meet you there. Love you." He said quietly through the line.

"Love you too, Eds. See you in a bit." She smiled, hanging up.

Sabrina walked back over to the woman and handed her the phone, "Thank you so much." She smiled politely before rushing back to the boys. "Get in contact with everyone?" She asked and they nodded.

"Good, let's go."

The three, of course, were the first ones there. They took this time of waiting to get a backpack full of anything to help take down the clown.

When they were done, they hopped onto their bikes and waited for everyone else to arrive. Ben and Stanley arrived first, then Mike, which Sabrina praised him for bringing a deadly weapon, then Eddie.

Sabrina's face lit up when she saw her brother and she quickly hopped off her bike, running up to him and encasing him in a hug. "Ugh, I missed you so much." She smiled, holding onto him tightly. "Can't-" he struggled to inhale, "-breathe." She quickly let go, giving him a sheepish smile.

"How's hell with mom?" Sabrina asked, "Hell." He responded. "Glad you're finally realizing, baby bro." She smirked and ran back over to her bike, hopping on it and beginning to peddle. "Geronimo!" She screamed, peddling down the street.

🎈

CHAPTER FOURTEEN - GONE MISSING