Trevor did not say anything as he kept looking at me up and down.

I couldn't keep all the anxious feelings in me so I blurted out as I stared hard at the floor, "I look bad...don't I?"

I wished there was some kind of black hole I could just fall into right now because Trevor was still quiet.

Trevor took one big stride towards me, closing the distance between us until there was literally no space left. He wrapped both arms around me and he caressed my back gently.

"Snowflake, you're glowing. You're so perfect," Trevor sighed in content as he buried his head in my hair that I curled up nicely.

I instantly relaxed into him as I felt all the anxiety I felt previously melt away and comfort washing over me now.

I need him.

I've never felt this safe and secure.

I even felt confident.

Trevor was doing something to me and I loved that.

After a short while, Trevor let go and I immediately missed the warmth that he provided.

I think we both sensed that and so he took my hand and we walked to the car where the driver took us to the hotel where the ball was going to be held.

I can do this...

-

"Welcome!" One of the waitresses greeted as Trevor and I stepped in.

At this point I wasn't surprised by the extravagant decorations around the whole ballroom. There was a huge stage in front and from where I was, which was the entrance, it seemed so small. There were tables in the corners and a big space left in the middle for dancing.

There were three chandeliers hanging from the ceiling giving the room a more elegant glow. It was complemented by all the ladies twirling around in all their unique dresses. All the men dancing too had suits that looked similar yet different.

Trevor's red velvet fur suit really made him stand out a lot.

Trevor and I headed towards our table but we could barely make it from all the greetings that bombarded us. The one and only Trevor Knight and the daughter of the host of the ball? It was definitely the center of attention.

Majority of the greetings were for Trevor and some were for me because they knew my mother and just wanted to tell me how much I look like her.

It still hurts.

The memories are fresh just like the whole incident happened yesterday.

I hate being reminded of my mother.

Although all the happy memories flood my mind, the incident stays there and makes me remember...

I think Trevor could sense how the topic was quite a sensitive one because when any one of the ladies mentioned my mother, he would stroke my back and stand a little closer to me to make sure I know he is there.

It was little things like these that made me fall for him.

He was just so thoughtful.

As we moved along the crowd, we finally came to the front table, where I saw my father.

I immediately stiffened because I could see in his eyes when we made eye contact.

I was in trouble.

I was at work but had not much chances to interact with my father as he has many business trips recently and hasn't been in the country for the past week.

Trevor bent down and whispered in my ear, "Snowflake? Everything okay? You seem a little unsettled tonight..."

Trevor trailed off which left me room to ponder on what I should say.

Was I okay?

No.

Am I going to be okay?

I wasn't sure...

However I just nodded my head because making Trevor worry isn't something that I should be doing.

I could sense he sort of did not believe me but I just smiled at him to show that I can be okay.

Trevor took the cue and left it alone.

My father was just done talking to his guests and he came over to the two of us that just got a hold of a glass of champagne.

Trevor and my father talked about business briefly before my father said, "Trevor you don't mind if I take my daughter to the lounge a while right? I need to discuss something private with her."

As soon as I heard that, I wish I could glue my feet to my shoes my heels would root themselves in the ground right now.

I refused move.

I was scared out of my wits.

I knew what was coming and delaying it was the only comfort I could get now.

Trevor nodded his head and let my hand go. I missed his presence already but he just ushered me to go. I saw my father smirk from the corner of my eyes and then he started to walk off.

I followed behind my father, trying to walk a little faster so he wouldn't pull my ear as soon as we were out of sight.

As soon as I entered the lounge, there was an eerie silence followed by my father overturning a table, sending a vase of flowers onto the floor.

That situation literally was the definition of calm before the storm.

I watched it smash into pieces and somehow I knew, it was going to be me next.

"You bitch..."

-

Surprise! Yes so it is the first day of the lunar new year!
To all that celebrate, HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR :D

I decided to give up some studying time for this because I feel that studying on the new year is such a waste and I wanted to do something I have interest in.

My story is slowly getting more views and some of you are constantly voting for each chapter. Words really can't describe how grateful and happy that makes me. I know I say this every chapter but for real though :D
THANKS AND LOVE YOU ALL FOR BEING MY SOURCE OF HAPPINESS

Until next time! ;D