ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2 - ᴇxᴘʟᴏʀᴇ

Rubbing their eyes from the harsh fluorescent lights overhead, the boys get up from their seats and take in their new surroundings

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Rubbing their eyes from the harsh fluorescent lights overhead, the boys get up from their seats and take in their new surroundings. They appear to be in a cafeteria of sorts, with five round blue tables, the central one holding a rather large red button, labelled as "emergency". The beige tiled floor squeaks as Seungmin's feet shuffle across it, and Minho, being the sort to take in every meticulous detail, eyes what looks to be an air vent situated close to the east corridor. Each of the boys displays a mixed expression on their face - one of confusion, nervousness and excitement.

Jisung points to the south-west table. "Hey, a map!"

The eight boys turn towards the table and, sure enough, a map lays there. Changbin picks it up and squints, struggling to understand some of the smaller writing.

As one would expect, the map details their surroundings. They are indeed standing in the cafeteria, and, map in hand, Changbin begins to move towards the east corridor. Chan steps in front of the smaller, halting him in his tracks. Confused, Changbin quirks his head at the older.

"I'm going to explore," he states.

Chan shakes his head. "No, we're going to explore."

"Don't forget we're a team!" Jisung calls out, accidentally almost dropping Dori. Minho whips his head towards the orange, narrowing his eyes.

There's a slight pause, before Seungmin pipes up. "Don't you think, if we're a team, we should have a leader?"

The boys nod at the aqua, looking around at their companions, analysing who would be the best leader.

Well, Minho does anyway; Hyunjin and Jeongin just shrug at each other, not much good at this "deciding" thing.

After around thirty seconds of heavy silence, Minho comes to a decision.

"Chan," he says. The pink startles slightly, before turning to the purple, his balloon wobbling a bit.

"Y-yes?" he stammers, internally facepalming at his nervousness.

Minho blinks, before continuing. "You're the leader."

Chan flushes with pride, turning to the other boys. "You all agree?"

They grin at the magenta, some giving thumbs up, some nodding. Felix sidles over and side-hugs him, carefully ensuring that Soonie doesn't fall off his shoulder, where she is perched comfortably.

"Okay then," Chan says, clearing his throat. "As your new leader - "

"Oh, shush with the "big leader" stuff," Jeongin interrupts, a smile spreading across his cheeks. "You're still you, right? No need to go all formal on us now that you're labelled as leader."

Chan smiles softly. "Okay then."

"Uh, so, the map," Changbin says, raising the document. "Do you want it, or can I keep it?"