ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7 - ɴᴇᴇᴅ

Leaning against the lower engine and looking out at the stars makes Changbin think

Leaning against the lower engine and looking out at the stars makes Changbin think. He thinks about how tiny a part each of them play in the overall running of the universe. He thinks of the reality that Jeongin was killed, but was probably one of thousands of people that died today. But he doesn't think that any of his crewmates would have the capacity to murder one of their own - he doesn't see any of them as the killing type.

"Hey."

A voice interrupts his thoughts, and he turns to see Minho entering the room. The purple takes a seat beside the black, and the pair watch the galaxy go by for a while, until Minho speaks.

"Are you alright? You were quite angry back there."

Changbin shakes his head. "Why would Jeongin be killed?" he asks. "Why would somebody kill the most innocent little bean ever?"

"I don't know," Minho admits. "Whoever did it must have really disliked him for some reason."

"But who could hate Jeongin?" Changbin questions incredulously.

The older shrugs, knowing just as much as his counterpart.

"Wait - it wasn't you, right?"

Minho's eyes widen. "No," he replies, "and I have no idea who it was."

Changbin slumps, and a silence falls between the two.

"We didn't get to show him our song," he murmurs after a while. Minho remembers the younger mentioning this at the meeting, and recalls him and Chan messing with a program on the admin computers when the eight of them met there on one of their first days.

Lowering his head, Changbin whispers, "I almost wish it was me."

Minho opens his mouth to respond, when he is cut off by another presence.

"Uh, Hyung? Dori took a leak and I'm not sure how you want her cleaned so I thought I'd find you... Oh, Changbin-Hyung!"

Apologetically, the purple looks at the black, who just nods. He stands and brushes himself off, before turning to Jisung and poking him in the forehead.

"You've looked after her for two weeks and don't know how to clean her?" he asks, a grin spreading across his cheeks.

Jisung whines, pouting. "Hyung, that's mean."

"Well, let's go and get her cleaned up, shall we? You have to learn, child."

Changbin smiles softly as the pair leave the room. He's reminded of the interactions he had with Chan and Jeongin, of all the times they would tease him for being so small.

They're like us, he thinks, in love.

Looking out at the stars once more, he begins humming a familiar melody. The lyrics they came up with are far too relevant now - Jeongin's gone, but they're desperate to have him back.