ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12 - ʜᴏᴍᴇ

TW: swearing

TW: swearing

"Ji, I can explain - "

"I don't think you can!" the orange interrupts. "You're not the one that's being controlled by the voice! You're not the one being plagued by the memories of the crewmates you've unwillingly killed!"

He lowers his voice to a whisper.

"You're not the one who said that I might kill you later."

Minho's eyes widen as he hears the final sentence from the younger. "Please tell me you're kidding."

Shaking his head, Jisung's eyes refuse to meet his as his vision begins to blur from tears. "I'm so sorry."

"But you said that I wasn't a target any more," Minho says. "You said the voice had spared me!"

"It did, I swear; this was before that!"

Not acknowledging that Jisung has just spoken, the purple continues. "It even said that it had spared me, 'cause I'm a "valuable asset" or something."

There's a pause, and Jisung gasps.

"It got to you too?" he asks, taking a step forward.

Minho nods slowly. "It appeared when we were in the cafeteria, after... you know."

"The promise," the orange whispers, almost inaudibly.

Ah yes, the promise. The promise that Jisung made to Hyunjin during their conversation (if you could even call it that) after he had killed Jeongin. The promise that they wouldn't hurt Seungmin or Felix, and the loophole the voice found that had caused them to kill the red instead.

"It wasn't like with you though, Ji," the purple says. "I wasn't forced to join."

Jisung stares at his partner in shock. "Then why? Why would you give in?"

Minho exlales. "Because the voice said that we could both survive. Definitely."

Blood begins to flood into the orange's cheeks as he continues to stare at the purple.

"You'd willingly kill our last remaining crewmates just so you could be with me?" he mumbles.

"Of course I would, Ji," Minho replies with a soft smile. "I love you."

He expects the blond to grin, to blush and say that he reciprocates his feelings too.

Instead, Jisung narrows his eyes.

"That's a really sick way of showing your love, purple."

The orange turns away in disgust and exits the room, taking both Doongie and Dori with him, and leaving Minho to wonder what he did wrong.

Maybe I shouldn't have agreed to this after all.

★★★★★★★★