The Swordsman's Duel

~36 years ago, Swordsman's clan, school for swordsmen~

Jarsyn was a young man who was quite remarkable with a sword, he graduated swordsmans elementary school at the top of his class, now he was ready for swordsmans middle school.He could manipulate his aura through his blade, he could disarm a fellow classmate in seconds, his ability was considered to be at rare level, and he was a genius, making contraptions, and devices to make life easier. He shared his devices with all ten of his classmates. Everyone was delighted, except for the teachers.

"Just never use these devices to improve your swordsmanship" his teachers alway told him. "A swordsman with any honor will always fight fair." He knew this was true, but fighting fair barely ever led to a swordsman winning. The swordsmen lost the Swordsmen-Pirate War BECAUSE of the excessive cheating seen from the pirates. Jarsyn talked to number four, The fastest swordsman in his class.

"Do you ever feel like abandoning magic, and embracing tech? Jarsyn asked him. "That's a good question. No. Although swordsman Magic is difficult I'd don't believe that is should be abandoned, however I do believe that technology should be embraced. Technology is just what we need to get an edge over the other clans." Number 4 said. "Maybe I'm wrong, I'm not as strong, or as smart as you, but Your right, magic is difficult, and devices just... Aren't." Number four told Jarsyn.

"No, no, Magic is hard for me too. Tomorrow is the annual swordsman's duel Between the Number tens of each class , and our class is the only one that hasn't mastered magic yet. I mean, I only know one spell! And that's only because its sort of like my Ability!" He yelled. Number four grinned, "then use your tech. Modify your sword, and use it to defeat The other number tens." He said sneakily. "What?! I cant do that! That's technically cheating!" He yelled. Keep your voice down, Just do it, its the only way you can win.

In a flash, Number 4 was gone, he had run away. The next day came and Jarsyn had a very tough choice to make. He decided, and left his room, and started to walk to the arena. Number four took a look at Jarsyns sword, and saw that it was completely normal. "Ugh, I knew you didn't have it in you" Number 4 said as he walked in front of Jarsyn, into the stands of the arena.

Jarsyn said nothing as he walked towards the arena, greeted by multiple number ones from other classes. " Welcome to the swordsmans Duel! These duels will be played in a tournament-Bracket style each person who wins moves ahead! Good luck weaklings!" The announcer Yelled. Jarsyn won all of his duels, despite not knowing much magic.

His unique Ability allowed him to take out all of his opponents. After two day's he had reached his final opponent, a girl called Zenobia."My name Is Zenobia, your ability will have no affect on me!" Jarsyn, curious to what she meant, activated his ability "Lets see how long you last, Swordswoman." He said.