,, - strange, peculiar, and weird ; albedo

Start from the beginning

then, amber perked up and pointed slightly towards something behind you. "ah, its albedo."

you and barbara turned around to see the alchemy master of mondstadt, albedo, stepping out of his house. every morning, he was always the same; same blonde hairstyle with half his hair tied to the back, and his white coat with shorts.

"look there he goes, that boy is strange no question," this from sara, who came over to place a few plates of food in front of the three of you. you thanked sara for the food.

"he's usually dazed and distracted, so i've heard," barbara chimed lightly, a little worried that she might have said something wrong. "what a puzzle to me, albedo is..."

"never part of any crowd, since his head is stuck into his alchemy that poor boy..." sara said, folding her arms. you watched as albedo started to walk up the stairs. he made eye contact with you for a while and smiled, so you returned the smile.

you and albedo were quite close, as you have spoken to him on many occasions when jean had asked him to teach you the basics of alchemy with sucrose as his assistant since you were a catalyst user. he and you had a few things in common, yet many people in mondstadt couldn't really understand him.

not in a bad way; albedo was quite different from everyone else.

"no denying he's a funny man that albedo." amber smiled as she waved albedo over. "hiiiii~!"

he gave the four of you a wave. "hm, good morning, how is everyone?"

"normal, you?" amber responded.

"same as always," he nodded. his expressions didn't chance, but you could tell that he had shifted from friendly to bored quite instantly.

"where are you off to?" you asked.

"to meet sucrose in our lab, i've got many alchemy work to do." he said, quite monotonely.

"sounds tiring," sara said. "don't you want to eat first?"

"no thanks sara, i'll manage." he said with a polite smile. he then took a small bow. "i'll be off now."

"bye~"

everyone waved him goodbye as he started to walk away from the restaurant. while amber started to pick and eat her food, you and barbara exchanged smiles.

"there he goes, that albedo," this from kaeya, who seemingly seem to pop out of nowhere. he came up towards amber and patted her shoulder and stayed his hands on her shoulders, gently massaging her. "something is always off about that young boy."

"judging people kaeya?" you asked with a sly grin. he shifted his eyes towards yours and gave you a wink.

"nope, i'm merely stating that he's quite different from the rest of us."

"nothing like the rest of us," amber pipped as she swallowed her meat. she picked the glass that sara had just placed down and gulped down the juice inside. she sighed after she finished her drink. "he's so peculiar."

you giggled, while barbara nodded. "i wonder if he's feeling well every time, since he always has his heart on alchemy and not his heart."