Chapter 7 - Going North

"We should move closer to Bursaaq soon," Halla said and frowned down at the map

"We should move closer to Bursaaq soon," Halla said and frowned down at the map. "We've taken the smaller villages bordering to Paamut and Aatskina. They're completely cut off."

"Perfect," Dy muttered under her breath. "Do you think they will disband their groups in the capital if we take theirs?"

Halla bopped her head from side to side. "Honestly, no, I don't think so. I think they will fight until last man standing."

"Maybe they don't have to. What are the soldiers getting out of this? So far, they've been cold, starved and killed," I said from my seat by the table. Dy and Halla were both standing over the table, looking at the map.

"That's a good point," Dy said and glanced at Halla. "Might be an idea to broadcast this out to the people of Andaheim. It didn't take much for Skyen to surrender after all."

"Skyen were afraid of the Bursaaq troops. And with good reason, but loyalty bought with fear is cheap. That's why they've so easily surrendered. They didn't care about Bursaaq's cause. They only cared about not dying."

"Can't really fault them for that. They're the smallest nation, caught on an island. Without Andaheim they'd starve."

"Not to mention, they used to trade with Kabir as well. As soon as Kabir cut them off, they really didn't have much of a choice," I chimed in.

"Exactly," Dy said and sent me a smile.

"If we're going to Bursaaq instead of going south, we should go to the spirit world. I need to connect with the spirits again. To get answers."

Dy sighed a bit. "Well, you did connect with them outside of the spirit world as well. In Bursaaq. Whatever is blocking you further south, is obviously not blocking you further north."

I swallowed something. "That's true but... It's risky. What if I lose control? I could take out an entire village without meaning to."

"We don't want that," Halla said and looked from Dy to me. "How important is it even to find the block? If we take Andahavn it's all over anyways. And it's not like it'll be hard to do in a couple of months."

"It won't solve the spiritual issue. Andaheim is sick and it needs to be cured from whatever is blocking all the spiritual energy."

"I thought your priority was your brother?" Halla arched a brow at me.

"It's for Quinn too. You saw what he could do with the block. Imagine what he can do if we get rid of it."

"But again, that won't even be necessary if we take Andahavn before you find the block."

"No, but..." I bit down my lip. "He doesn't have a lot of time. Barr said, because he has broken through the block before, he needs full access to the spiritual energy. Or else he'll die. He has more time with Barr there with him, but it won't last forever. So, I don't even know if we have two months." I shrugged a little. "That is why I need to connect with my own spirit. Maybe she has answers. At least she might be able to get them, seeing as she's surrounded by other spirits and my ancestors. Someone has to know something."