08 | Trouvaille

Jace's POV
Shean bent towards the billiards table as he aimed for a red ball, following a certain angle with the cue before his phone rang for the 4th time.

"Hold up, I gotta take that." he stopped, lifting his stick off the table in which we all groaned.

He shook his head and stuck the phone to his ear, frowning afterwards, "You lost your phone? You sure?"

We listened in silence for a second before he replied, "Uh huh, so whose phone are you using right now?"

I stifled a laugh. "Yeah I'm the best, you said it... Ok bye." he hung up his phone, stashing it back to the front pocket of his bag.

"Oh Shean! I lost my head while riding a horse. Will you play Ichabod and investigate?" Greyson teased in a mimicked high voice, taking reference from sleepy hollow's headless horseman.

"Believe me dawg, I don't think I could find it anywhere if I tried." Shean scoffed. "Blondes man, what can you do?"

I chuckled, "I take it this wasn't the first time she bothered you repeatedly like that?"

"It started after we went on a date."

"Aww cute, our wittle Sheany on a date." Malachi teased as I noticed him wearing another shirt with a number on it before he nudged Greyson who drew air hearts with his fingers.

"And it feels weird to see you two not chasing each other around for once." I commented in which Jay shushed me.

"This is one of those rare occasions, be glad that your pillows on the couch were still there and not on the floor." he pointed out, filling me in on his personal experience with the troublesome duo.

"Gotcha." I replied back to him. The guys and I are hanging out at my house's garage while my dad and Whitney's father went for a little fishing.

"Stop drawing hearts, it wasn't cute! We went for a drive-thru before going to the movies and she talked to a garbage can instead of the girl in the open window who by the way, said a loud 'good afternoon'." Shean narrated.

Jay's wrist slipped, missing his aim on an orange ball which weakly bumped a yellow one. "Shit." he muttered, pursing his lip as his expression battled between letting out a good laugh or disappointment on doing a lame turn.

Greyson shrugged, combing his red hair from under his cap before returning it back on his head backwards. "My heart would have skipped a beat, I love a good trash talk."

We laughed loudly among ourselves as Shean continued to tell. "And when we got there, the ticket clerk said 'enjoy the movie' and she giggled to say 'you too'."

Malachi snickered loudly, pausing when Shean gave him a glare before he commented, "I mean, poor guy."

I chuckled, chalking the cue tip of my pool stick, "Why are you dating this girl again?"

"She's my cousin's friend dawg, she'll kill me if I stopped dating her before prom."

"That sucks." Jay commented.

"Speaking of which, didn't you and Whitney went to the movies last Wednesday?" Greyson chimed in as he asked me.

"Nope, I stayed home that day. It was last Friday." I answered, circling around the pool table to find an angle.

"Oh yeah, how's your foot?" Malachi asked.

I nodded, "Been better, it's nothing serious."

I then sighed, "Anyways, I chaperoned Penny and she tagged along. They've been hanging a lot lately ever since discovering they both read and watched The Notebook."