Chapter 22

Mabel's POV:

Grunkle Ford put me in charge of making Dipper feel better, and I plan on doing just that.

As his twin sister, I know my brother and I know what he likes. He is very devoted to do what others tell him to do and it always makes him happy. It's basically like a hobby for him.

Yes, I do know that he needs something to do every now and then or else it drives him insane and it is terrifying to see. So as the responsible, kindhearted, twin, I've been giving Dipper all of my chores to do to keep him in touch.

The thing is though, Dipper would always have a smile on his face when he followed orders. Sure it was a creepy smile, but at least it had some feeling in it.

These days though, he shows no emotion to anything he sees, hears, does, etcetera. He would also try his best on whatever he did, but nowadays he's been lacking any effort.

Whenever he's done with his tasks, he always sits at the windowsill in the attic and mindlessly looks outside. I don't know what he's looking at or for, but he clearly misses it.

When I pass by him, I see him stare at the window, sometimes scratching it and whimpering like a sad dog trapped in a cage.

One strange thing I noticed is that sometimes he would touch his neck, expecting something to be there surrounding it. But every time he gets the same disappointed look when he finds out that it's not there.

On the day that Dipper had come back, I told him at breakfast how much I missed him and that the whole time we've been trying to find a way to get him back.

One thing about that statement was true: I did miss him. I missed him doing my work and helping me with stuff I didn't want to deal with.

Sure I wanted him back when he left, but I wasn't actually that desperate to search the far corners of the world to get him back.

I know he's a lost cause any ways; Dipper's never changing back. He was probably better off with someone just as insane as him.

But at least now that he's back, he belongs to me again. I'll just have to tighten the leash a bit more.

Dipper's POV:

Every day I listen and do what Mabel's asked of me. I really don't want to, but following orders is the only thing that keeps me sane.

Whenever I'm done, I like to sit at the windowsill in the attic and stare at the beautiful Gravity Falls sky change colors from bright reds and oranges to dark blues with the stars twinkling to accompany it.

There isn't a moment that goes by without me thinking of Bill. It's become muscle memory to feel the collar he gave me, but it's never there.

I feel so terrible that I left him on that note. Me rejecting him and he's now alone again because of me.

I miss him so much that it's hard to explain how I feel about it. I can't even imagine how he's feeling right now.

Bill's POV:

I'm... fine.

Yeah... yeah, I'm completely fine.

As unstable as I normally am, I'm actually taking this in pretty well.

It's not like I have sudden panic attacks about him being gone that lead me to clutching my head furiously and almost ripping my hair out! That's completely normal, right?!

So what if I lost the love of my life?! He'll be okay now and that's all that matters! If he's okay, then I'm okay.

I just have to move on.

I still miss my old triangle form, but Pine Tree said he likes how I am now. Maybe if I stay this way it'll change his mind!

Oh who am I kidding, nothing will change his mind. I'll still stay like this though, for him.

I'll get over it... eventually. It's only a matter of time.