vi. muggles

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧muggle studies classroom✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

muggle studies classroom
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

the 7th year gryffindors and slytherin's were in muggle studies as everyone was forced to take it this year.

"muggle blood is dirty. all they do is steal our magic. which is why we need to get rid of them." alecto says.

"you realize all purebloods are related—right? i mean, there's a chance you'll marry your second cousin if you marry a pure blood. then, your poor child will
end up with 3 arms." hope says, making seamus turn red from containing his chuckle. dean didn't bother hiding it as he let out a loud laugh.

"mr. thomas, if you could come up here for a class demonstration." alecto carrow says,  ignoring hopes remark and pointing her attention to dean.

hope sent a suspicious look to neville.

he stood up and walked to the front of the class where alecto gave him a wicked smile.

"what have we been learning, class?" alecto says.

"muggle blood is dirt." pansy parkinson said after a moment of silence. she had an amused
look on her face at the half-blood standing at the front of the room. most of the school still thought dean was muggle-born. but he found out that his father was a wizard, who died before he could tell his mother he was a wizard.

"that's right, ms. parkinson. 10 points to slytherin."

"i'll show a demonstration" alecto says
with a smile.

alecto held out her hand, forcefully snatching dean's hand.

alecto pointed her wand at dean. most of the class thought she would use the cruciatus curse, but were fairly wrong when dean started gasping for air. he turned deathly pale and looked like he was about to pass out.

hope stood up, and was stunned by alecto's next move.

she grabbed a dagger, slicing a line down deans arm. when the class expected for blood to come down, it didn't.

instead—dirt came out. everyone was stunned until dean let out a cough.

"mortem!"

alecto flew back, stuck to the wall as she struggled to escape the hold of the wall.

hope had a fiery glare on her face that made alecto's stare falter slightly.

"seamus, take dean to madame pompfrey." hope said calmly. too calmly for the class. seamus immediately complied, hooking a hand over deans shoulder.

alecto had lifted the curse after loosing her wand from being thrown into a wall.

"mr. finnigan , if you move one more inch, you'll be seeing me for detention later." alecto says.

seamus didn't listen though, as he ignored what she said and walked out with dean.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
gryffindor common room
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*     *:・゚✧*:゚✧

hope, neville, and ginny were sat in the gryffindor common room. seamus had detention with the carrow's earlier, and they knew it wasn't going to be pretty.

they weren't exactly wrong, hours later, dean thomas came into the room of requirements with a very battered and bloodied up seamus finnigan.

"merlin!" neville exclaimed as the 3 rushed to help dean carry seamus.

they brought seamus to the couch. hope healed seamus' cuts to the best of her ability. the carrows made it hard as the slashed him with a poison induced knife, but hope managed by sucking out the poison and healing the cut.

they watched as more people came, in better states than seamus, but it had been obvious that they were too, tortured by the way they were limping.

"we need more hope's" seamus says, wincing after he said it.

hope sent seamus a small smile, despite the situation.

"we've got to bring all these kids somewhere, maybe our dorm?" ginny suggests.

"what about the room of requirement, the place we were in when we did dumbledore's army?" hope says.

"that's a brilliant idea!" dean says.

"muffliato."

"neville, ginny, gather all the hurt people, and bring them to the room of requirements. we need to focus on them first." hope says. she saw the way the twins patrolled hogwarts and knew they would be much safer with a small group.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
room of requirements
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

hope, dean, and a group of 3 other students quickly made their way to the room of requirements.

a door opened and the room was transformed into a room with small cots everywhere and multiple chairs. there were a small section of medical supplies, and a door that looked like it went into a bathroom.

"get them on a cot, dean." hope says, making her way to the medical supplies.

AUTHORS NOTE :

the movies show that seamus looks absolutely terrible, so i guess that he and neville stood up for the carrow twins' victims most of the time , but enjoy <333!!!

PUBLISHED: february 15, 2021

745 words