iv. seventh year

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧hogwarts express✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

hogwarts express
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

ginny, neville, and hope we're sitting in the hogwarts express, it wasn't the best vibe in the compartment but they were happy to be together.

"this year, we have got to stay together, okay? i have a feeling it isn't going to be the same as our past years." hope says, looking outside the window, and at the dark atmosphere.

"agreed." neville says as ginny nods.

"ginny, you should sleep in our dorm."

"okay, i'm rather nervous, mum told me snape was headmaster." ginny says.

hope hummed a 'oh'.

they were interrupted by the train stopping. they looked around for a minute, and the door opened.

a death eater came in.

"my father will hear about this!" mclaggen says, standing up.

hope waved her hand and mclaggen fell back in his chair.

luckily, the death eater just kept walking.

"hey, losers—" neville says, making hope give him an alarmed look, but he didn't pay her any mind,"he isn't here."

neville heard hope mutter something along the lines of "damned gryffindor bravery."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
great hall
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"settle down, settle down." snape says as he made his way to the owl podium where dumbledore used to stand, "as you know, death eaters have searched the train, in search of harry potter. if anyone may know where harry potter, ronald weasley, and hermione granger are, you will be highly rewarded." snape said in his normal, monotone voice. hope noticed snape looked deathly pale. she didn't know if it was because of the lightning because all of the candles were out, or if he was pale.

the castle itself had a dark vibe around it, there were less lights, it was colder, less colorful, more quiet, less cheery, and didn't have the same happiness that it did when hope first came. hope could only imagine how it felt to people like seamus and dead, who were at hogwarts since 11. she wondered how it felt so see it so dark, and not the same as when they came.

"i'd like to introduce to you, our newest teachers, amycus carrow, who will be filling in the dark arts post, and his sister alecto, who will be filling in the muggle studies post, as professor burbage will be taking permanant leave." the carrows smirked at the mention of hogwart's past muggle studies professor.

hope knew that their professor most likely didn't leave on her own will.

whispers went around, people wondering what happened to burbage.

"silence." snape said in a not to loud but not exactly quiet voice. everyone shut up, not wanting to face the wrath of the carrow siblings.

"anyone caught outside their dormitories past curfew will receive detention." snape says.

with that, he steps down from the podium, leaving the rest of the students to ponder his respond.

"we shouldn't take anything he says as a joke, if he says he's going to punish us, it's most likely going to be a brutal one." hope says, as she has the most experience with the dark arts than them.

"your right. no pissing off snape like you used to." he says, to ginny who responds with an eye roll.

"it's true, ginny, we don't wanna piss them off." hope says.

ginny reluctantly agreed.

hope saw mcgonagall going around, passing the time tables. she was obviously very down as her face had a permanent frown on it. she wordlessly passed hope her time table, doing the same to ginny, and neville. luna had just gotten her time table from ravenclaw table.

she saw that her, ginny, and neville had the same classes except for 2.

at last, the food disappeared from the table.

"now, up to your dormitories, like i said, if anyone is spotted out after curfew, you will receive heavy punishment."

hope and ginny shared a look before heading up to the common room.

no one dared to say a peep as they headed up all the stairs, ginny held hopes hand in hopes of not loosing her in the cluster of people.

as they got up to their dormitories, they spotted parvati and lavender already in bed, lavender was writing on parchment while parvati was reading.

"hey, i hope you don't mind if ginny stays here, i think in these times we should stay together." hope says.

"yea, of course, i wanted to do the same with padma but it's way more risky." parvati says and lavender nods in agreement.

hope lays on her bed, and ginny lays on a spare bed next to hopes.

hope closed her eyes in hopes to get some sleep but she just couldn't. she tossed and turned, until she just sat up in bed. she couldn't stop thinking about harry, ron and hermione.

she got up, making her way to hermiones bed, she let out a shaky breath, looking at the photos she had on her night stand. it was her, harry, ron, and hermione in the kitchens after they had a fight with flour. they were all covered but hermione was covered the least and ron was covered the most.

hope remembered that day in 5th year, dean and seamus walked in on them in the middle of it, and discreetly took a picture of them.

with the happy thought in her head, hope had a dreamless sleep, for the first time since harry left.

(a/n): i really wish they could've showed us more about what happened to ginny neville and luna and the other people who stayed at hogwarts.

tell me something you guys would like to see happen at hogwarts, because i have some ideas but i want to include something you guys want.

-945 words.