14

Part 14

A tear ran down from my eyes. Yesterday's kiss flashed in my mind.

"I failed to protect you," his voice echoed in my mind.

Do I really have to kill him? I look at my palms. 

I killed my most favorite person with this damn hand of mine. I am no better than a beast.

I squeeze my eyes to let the tears flow. 

Why does life have to be so hard for me? Why can't I be a normal girl? With a normal family? 

I slowly walk towards the table. As everyone saw me, they became silent. I keep my 2g phone inside my purse, under the table. Without talking, I take the glass full of water beside me and drink it in one gulp. My throat starts burning as I feel the liquid passing by.

"Miss Kim, that's my beer, your pinot noir is here,"

"We didn't even start our dinner as we were waiting for you,"

"Miss Kim, are you okay?" 

"Miss Kim, did something happen there?" 

"Miss Kim, did you cry?"

I stayed silent. My glance is still fixed on the table.

"I think something happened," Jungkook says who is sitting on the chair beside me. I look at him. I tightly smiled before taking another glass full of beer from Jungkook's front. I start drinking it, In one gulp, without a break. After finishing the glass, I lowered my head, rest my hand between both of my arms.

"Jiwon-ssi, are you okay?" Jungkook asks.

I close my eyes.

Author pov

"Her alcohol tolerance is low. She can get drunk just by one glass while she just had two," Manager nim says while looking at y/n's pitiful figure who is resting on the table.

"Aish, our dinner time was ruined because of her. I lost my appetite," says one of the park's staff.

"Who will sober her up now?" Asks another staff member.

"I think we should give up on our dinner," says another staff member.

Jungkook presses his lips into a thin line. Glancing at the shrimp gumbo, he sighed. He should give up on his favourite food to keep his dream job. It's time to do real research. It's the best opportunity, he thought to himself before standing up.

"Don't worry, I will take her to the guesthouse. You continue,''Jungkook says.

"But the car has not arrived yet," says manager nim.

"It's okay, we will grab a taxi," Jungkook says.

"But-" I am completely fine,''Jungkook says and hold y/n's forearms to support her to stand up. She is closing her eyes.

Jungkook grabs her waist and takes her out of the restaurant. He approaches a taxi and gets in, keeping y/n in his strong arms.

"Where are we going?" Y/n mumbles.

"Home," Jungkook mumbles.

"That's a relief! He must be waiting for me," y/n mumbles. She fell asleep again. 

Jungkook looks at her fragile figure. He slowly shifts her away from his embrace. He gently makes her lean against the car door. He gently rests her head against the taxi's glass.

He looks at her. 

His stiff eyes start scanning her out. She has tears stains with a red nose. She cried.