𝓟𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼

My roommates just set off the fire alarm, I thought the place was burning down. Turned out they tried to make chilli cheese pops.
_____________________________________________

𝓘𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓮𝓮 𝓶𝓮 𝓪𝓼 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓘 𝓪𝓶 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓘 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓰𝓱

𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓪𝓱 𝓒𝓪𝓻𝓮𝔂

Yawning I made my way into the kitchen, and made myself a slice of bread with jam, as my eyes landed on the clock on wall.

Eight fifteen, I read and let my tired eyes travel further through the kitchen.

It took my, still asleep mind probably more than a minute to realise that my shift was starting in less than fifteen minutes and here I was, still in my nightgown, just rolled out of bed, eating bread with jam.

"Fuck!"

I shouted and slammed my breakfast onto the kitchen counter, so I could run back to my bedroom and get dressed.

Just pulling a blue dotted skirt and white blouse out of the dresser I ran into the bathroom, to put on some red lipstick and eyeliner, so I wouldn't completely look like I just fell out of bed.

On my way to the door I was stuffing the blouse into the skirt and slipped into my heeled boots. I knew I had to run to work to be on time, and boots would be easier to run in than flappers. Grabbing my coat and some money from the kitchen table, I was out of the door, not even bothering to put the coat on, knowing I could still do that on the way.

Coming out of the house my first look went to the clock on the church tower, showing me that I had solely two minutes to get to work, or I'd be too late on my first day.

Unsurprisingly, luck wasn't on my side that day, since the streets were packed with women and men on their way to work.

Unlike a few nights ago, I wasn't able to avoid rubbing shoulders with many of the men that were blocking my way, today. While I tried my best to avoid any frontal collisions, I still had several people hurl insults after me.