𝓛𝓲𝓶𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓭

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓵 𝓸𝓯 𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓼𝓾𝓬𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓲𝓼 𝓵𝓲𝓶𝓲𝓽𝓮𝓭 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓫𝔂 𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓲𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓷𝓸 𝓪𝓬𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓭𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼, 𝓱𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓼𝓶𝓪𝓵𝓵, 𝓲𝓼 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝔀𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓮𝓭

𝓐𝓮𝓼𝓸𝓹

A few days had passed since my encounter with inspector Campbell, but I still wore a gauze, which got me a lot of questions from everybody around me.

John and Arthur were especially angry when I told them about what happened. Polly also said some rather malicious words about the man and Tommy... was Tommy. He just lit himself another cigarette.

I was currently sitting in the back of the betting shop, together with Polly.
While she was working, calculating their wins and losses, I was brainstorming for a new collection.
According to Jeanne, the last one was the spring collection, now I should start preparing for a summer one. To say I was unimaginative was an understatement.

Over and over again I just spaced out, looking around the packed den.
Often John and I would make stupid faces at each other all across the room.
When I raised my middle finger at him once, he actually attempted to throw his chalk at me.
It all ended in him hitting some drunk in the head and that bloke throwing a punch at the man behind him.
Scudboat immediately brought those two outside though, to prevent a mass melee.

I was ripped out of my thoughts, when I heard the front door swing open and Thomas coming back in.

"You shouldn't listen to gossip, Mr. Kimber. This way."

Holy fucking guacamole. This is legendary.

"Business is good."

I could hear Roberts say, before Tommy led them into a side room.
John, Scudboat and Lovelock followed right behind.

For a second I felt ridiculous for being filled with pride, after all, I haven't really done anything that would justify me feeling prideful towards their achievements.. and yet I couldn't help but be giddy with excitement.

"And what's gotten you all smiley and shit?"

Arthur eventually asked after just staring at my overjoyed face for a few seconds.

"I just have a premonition that today is gonna be a great day."

Before he could reply with something snarky, his brothers and friends came back into the room, and while John made his way over here, Tommy went for the podium on the other side of the room.

"Hey."

I gave John a quick hug, before he came to a halt next to me, but kept his arm around my waist.
All of us were looking up at Tommy expectantly.