𝓖𝓸𝓸𝓭𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽

I very much love this chapter.

“𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓼𝓵𝓮𝓮𝓹 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓪𝔀𝓪𝓴𝓮, 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓻𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓰? 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽'𝓼 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓪𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾, 𝓟𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓟𝓪𝓷

“𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓽𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓷 𝓼𝓵𝓮𝓮𝓹 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓪𝔀𝓪𝓴𝓮, 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓹𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓻𝓮𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓫𝓮𝓻 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓰? 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽'𝓼 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓪𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾, 𝓟𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓟𝓪𝓷. 𝓣𝓱𝓪𝓽'𝓼 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓫𝓮 𝔀𝓪𝓲𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰.”

~𝓟𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓟𝓪𝓷

"C'mon Johnny boy, let's get you to bed."

I wrapped an arm around his mid and slung his arm over my shoulders, so I could somewhat carry him.

"Oh so you wanna sleep with me."

His bluntness made me snort amusedly.

"You wish."

I scoffed while trying to keep my balance on the cobblestones.

"I don't. You're too nice to be a drunken fuck."

Sweet.
I didn't know what to respond to his confession, so I just gave his hand a small squeeze.

"You need to sleep, you're starting to talk rubbish."

Luckily the way wasn't too long and we reached his house quite quickly.
Without thinking much I just opened his door, realising a second later that it should be locked.

"Gosh man, you seriously need to start locking your door."

I scolded drunken John next to me.

"You sound just like Tommy."
As we stepped inside, I was met by a lot of different kid of shoes, many of them very small.
His kids shoes.
Not to say that he is an awful father, but I can understand his desperation for a wife now.
How could he possibly leave his kids here, while going out, drinking.
A little bang ripped me out of my thoughts and my head snapped in the direction of said sound.

It was John who tried to go up the stairs but slipped on one of the steps and fell forward.

Grunting he tried again, unsuccessful.

"Be quite! You're gonna wake your kids."

I hissed and grabbed his arm again, so I could help him up the stairs to his bedroom.
Slightly exhausted I sat him down on his bed and he immediately tried to untie his shoes, but failed miserably at grabbing the shoe lace.