I was kidnapped by BTS: Deconstructed (tw//abduction)

I never expected that I would end up going to a concert where I would end up meeting my favorite band, but I would never have expected that my parents soon sold me off to a band. After I left, I was abducted backstage, and I felt my breath shortening as I struggled to reach out to my only friend who brought the tickets for me.

When I regained consciousness, I met the band members face to face and they explained to me what had happened. My parent's home and others around us was blocking the construction locations for new stadiums and concert halls so they could perform through the suburbs. So to deal with them, they would offer our parents a huge sum of cash from their earnings in exchange for their homes, and their children. They tricked them into thinking we would be their groupies, tour with them, and get enough practice to make us into international superstars. And sadly, this was far from the truth.

The horror was right beside me as other girls were blind to their obsession with BTS that they didn't realize they were cages, chained up. And yet for some reason, they were squealing in joy and even kissing their feet. I was appalled. How could they still consider them to be idols if this is how they treat women.

Days, weeks past. They gave us pillows and food, but it was the bare minimum. It felt like slavery. There were monitors where we could watch them prepare, practice and perform. Then, I understood what they were going through. They had to essentially choreograph the same routine almost endlessly, the way the managers treated them seemed more like products than people, they got little sleep since they had to keep touring, and the food they received was somehow less than ours. And apparently, it looked like they were trying to whiten their skin to appeal to us Americans.

I almost felt bad for them. But I couldn't because they've been abducting us kids between the ages of 10 and 17. What the hell is wrong is them? I get it, they're going through a lot, but taking it out on us is no excuse. We're supposed to be their fans, not their puppets!

Eventually, during a concert, I realized I couldn't count on the girls there. I was the only girl who was above the age of 16 who wasn't starstruck anymore, and so I planned my exit. They had dropped a key, and I replaced theirs with mine when one of the girls accidentally distracted them. Then I found a nearby phone after I escaped my cage, recorded everything, and went to the cops while they were performing on stage.

One thing led to another, and soon, BTS had to go to jail on criminal charges of assault, child negligence, starvation, and kidnapping. The extortion reveal rocked the world, but the girls were still free. Most of them were going to court to plead what happened to them, but Stockholm Syndrome hit them pretty hard, as they defended their actions. I was last to go, but I found my mother, who apologized for having to put me in that position to begin with. I was immensely upset, but she was tricked, so I couldn't be too mad. For now I just wanted compensation, and eventually I stood trial as a victim and a witness to the madness I had to endure. Thankfully, I was only the last of their victims.

They may be good at music, but that's no way to treat a fellow human being.

Author's Note: Just for the record, kidnapping, abduction, violence, child exploitation, bullying, trafficking and slavery IS NOT OKAY. Again, if you know my skin color, I bet you understand why I have a major problem with this trope. I don't know why stories like these become popular and romanticized.

Support the author if you can with his first book at https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TC364S2