Chapter 21: Another Unexpected Reunion

Începe de la început

"Those are in your past, and I trust my sister." Platinum said to Splinter, practically telling him to 'shut up and take care of her'.

"Right, well... thanks. I'm glad to know that we have your blessing." Splinter said to her.

"And like I said, Odpis isn't the most careful person. Having someone watch over her closely is a breath of fresh air for me." Platinum added before taking a sip from her coffee.

"That's not fair! You're trying to get another one on me again!" Odpis told Platinum as she continued to pout. "And what do you mean? Don't you want to be the one watching over me?"

"You're a grown up woman now, sister. Do you really want me to?" Platinum questioned. Odpis tried to get an answer but she was blank. "All you need to know is that you have my support, and if you need help, I'll always be here for you." She said to her sister.

Odpis continued to pout, but even she struggled to do so after hearing those heartwarming words from her elder sister. Platinum embraced Odpis from which she almost yelped at, but she returned the hug without hesitation.

"Well, that went as fine as it could be." Torrent mused as he finished his burger.

"You have no idea how long I have been holding my breath." Splinter half-whisphered to Torrent which they including Strife laughed at.

"What are you three laughing at?" Odpis questioned the three males.

"Nothing." The three said in unison. The two sisters similarly raised their eyebrows in suspicion but waved it off.

Now that everything is settled, the five of them continued with their small talk, with some operators like Midnight and Popukar coming by and occasionally joining in the conversation briefly before leaving to their own business. This went on for some time before the intercom sounded.

"Calling for code name: Torrent, code name: Torrent. Your aptitude test will take place in thirty minutes. Please head to the assessment facility before then." A familiar female voice sounded from the intercom.

"Wow. That was fast. I honestly thought it'll be in like two or three days." Torrent commented as he threw the can of soda to a nearby trash bin. "Just came at the right time too now that I'm finished with breakfast."

"You'll get used to it. The staff are very efficient when there aren't a lot for them to do." Platinum said to him.

"Is it always that efficient here?" Torrent inquired in which Platinum shook her head a no.

"No. Only when the patients aren't overflowing in their medical facilities." Platinum answered and Torrent shrugged.

"Say, the woman who spoke sounds familiar. Did we talk to her at some point?" Strife asked them, referring to the person who announced from the intercom.

"I think that's Doctor Kal'Tsit. She's the one who invited us here in the first place." Odpis answered for the feline.

"So it was you three who were the rumored mercenaries that Kal'Tsit invited. Hm. Very intriguing." Platinum mused.

"Were we the talk of the town?" Odpis asked her sister.

"Not really, but it was enough for everyone to bat an eye." Platinum answered.

"Well, I should get going. Don't want to keep the staff waiting." Torrent said as he stood up to leave.

"Good luck, Torrent, but I'm sure you don't need it." Odpis cheered for him.

"Haha, that's my line, Odpis." Torrent chuckled. "I'll be off now." He said. He fistbumped with Strife and Splinter before he made his way out of the cafeteria.