𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥

Start from the beginning

"We're not lost, we know exactly where we are!" Technoblade replied.

"Not lost as in physically lost! I know we're on Vormir- On this fictionally tall cliff!" They pointed at the structure that lied beneath their very feet. "I mean we're lost as in we have no idea what to do!"

"(Y/n), it's obvious!" Techno snapped at them.

"How is it obvious?" They forced out a sarcastic chuckle as they tilted their eyebrows up, indicating that they were more than fearful.

"(Y/n), you heard what that guy said!" Technoblade began to lower his voice. "'In order to retrieve the stone, you must lose that of which you love'." (Y/n) exhaled deeply.

"But I don't really have anything that I really love!" (Y/n) complained, placing their hands on their hips and looking down at the floor in a worried fashion. "I mean, you love the axe of peace, maybe you could throw it down there."

"Oh my God, don't you get it?" Technoblade turned to (Y/n), widening his eyes to express how scared he really was. "What you love can't be materialistic."

"Are you sure? Because I really love my armour... Ooh! My armour! I could trade that!" They said proudly.

"No-" He held his hand out to stop (Y/n) from unclipping their armour and taking it off to throw it down. "That's not it."

"Well if love can't be materialistic, then what can it be? I guess I love my pets, but I'm not throwing them over the cliff for a shiny rock." They rolled their eyes, humming to think. When Techno saw that (Y/n) still wasn't getting it, he reached out for their hands to pull them forward. He clasped their hand between his and looked them dead in the eye.

"(Y/n)." He voiced softly.

"...Techno...?" They replied slowly.

"It's a soul for a soul." He uttered carefully. "Do you know why Dream could've sent us here?"

"I don't know..." They shrugged. "Maybe he wanted all of the cool missions to himself." They grumbled.

"No. Karl knew what would happen on Vormir and must've told Dream. He sent us because it's us." Technoblade struggled to catch their eye as his gaze kept averting. It was difficult to look at (Y/n) while saying all of these things because it pained him so much. He knew what they had to do.

"What is that supposed to mean?" (Y/n) furrowed their eyebrows and looked directly towards Technoblade. Their hand was still being held by Techno, his thumb tracing over the back of their palm slowly.

"(Y/n), 'lose that of which you love'." He repeated once more. "Dream knows that it's us. He couldn't send himself because George and Sapnap are gone and so is everybody else. A lot of us lost someone close to us and the only people left that were actually still together were you and me." (Y/n) fluttered their eyes a bit nervously and squeezed their palms. "Dream couldn't have just sent Niki and Tubbo, or Eret and Quackity- No. It had to be you and me."

"Techno, I don't like where this is going..." They whimpered softly.

"You knew exactly where this was going. You just didn't want to admit it." Technoblade told them with a short frown. (Y/n) inhaled sharply and looked down towards their feet, letting the silence soak in for a few seconds. "I know you've thought about it, you've just been putting it off in the hopes to find an out to the situation."

"I don't want to do this." They felt their voice wavering.

"You don't have to do anything." He uttered.