Loud gunshots echo when another boom sounds off again "Well this isn't helping my anxiety" I mutter softly bouncing the baby in my arms while taking deep breaths to help keep the panic attack away. I bite my lower lip when my brain circles around my family dying "Please" I whisper in the empty car. I watch the building with panicked eyes my breathing shallow when the noise stops and all that's left to hear are the birds and judiths babbling. The alarms ring and I hold judith closer her head resting just under my collar bone.

Gunfire mixed with the alarms and screaming fill the once silent air. The sounds muffled by the car but still very clear. I watch a boy run through the woods and come to a stop in front of hershel and carl with raised guns. Their words are muffled but the boy starts handing over his gun. He suddenly falls to the ground and I quickly put judith in the driver's seat and scramble out of the car slowly walking over to carl. My worried eyes connecting with hershels both of us knowing he just murdered that boy.

"Let's, let's get back" I breathe out putting my hand on carls shoulder. He yanks his body away from me and gets in the back seat shutting the door. I turn around and look at hershel for a moment before I hurry to the car getting in and grabbing judith. Hershel starts the car and we drive through the yard taking a different way to the prison. I walk through the door holding judith catching the attention of rick, I smile when he walks up putting a hand on her head before giving her a kiss. Kissing my hair he pulls away walking behind me, glancing behind me I watch carl and rick talk before he quickly walks away.

I walk up to Carol "My arms are tired can you take her for a minute" I ask "Sure" she replies softly taking the baby from me. Turning around I walk up to rick who has glossy eyes "Hershel told you" I guess pulling my jacket closer. Ricks eyes meet mine his jaw clenching and relaxing "Yea" he drawls his eyes falling to the floor "I gotta ask, did he have to shoot that boy" Rick asks with a pleading undertone. Looking down at my dirt covered shoes I shake my head before looking back up "I was in the car with judith but that kid was handing his gun over with raised hands."

Rick turns his head away with his jaw tightening, bringing my hands up to his face I turn his head towards me "Rick you'll figure it out, we'll figure it out we always do." I say reassuringly before placing a gentle kiss on his lips, his hands lay on the small of my back pulling me closer to him. My arms go around his neck with my hand in his hair. He pulls away leaning his forehead against mine his warm breath tickling my mouth and nose. "Rick" glenns voice comes from beside us ricks jaw slightly tensing.

Pulling away he faces glenn "We have the truck ready" he informs and we follow him outside putting the last few things in the truck. Daryl pulls up on the bike and rick walks off to talk to a sitting carl handing michonne his gun. Walking over to michonne I lean against the door my head resting on the window. "Rick we're staying we don't know where the governor is if he comes back we'll hold him off" glenn tells rick "Just the four of us" "Three malice is staying here" rick cuts daryl off and I move away from the truck.

"What why" I question irritated "Because I need you here to help with everything if they come back" rick explains and I huff with a nod. "Alright" daryl adds and rick walks off getting in the drivers seat. Shutting the door I lean in the window "Come home rick" I say distressed about the situation. Nodding he starts the truck "I will" he says before I back up and watch them leave, "Let's go" glenn gruffs pulling me towards the prison.

Standing in the dark cell I pace back in forth the only light coming from the small lamp in the corner. "You need to get some sleep" I spin around to face glenn "No I-I-I'm fine" I stammer my eyes wide and tear filled. Walking closer he puts his hand on my shoulder "Are you okay" he asks and I pinch the bridge of my nose sqeezing my eyes shut "I don't know" I whisper
The water building up behind my eyes. Glenn pulls me into his chest wrapping his arms around my shoulders "Talk to me."

Pushing me away he sits me down on my bed "It hurts worse when you have to get over the person you thought you already lost." I say distraught while looking at my hands laying in my lap silence filling the space between us "Sometimes memories are the worst from of torture because you can't escape them." Muttering the tears continusly fall from my eyes "Here get some rest" glenn whispers pulling me into him so I'm curled up on the bed with my head in his lap running his fingers through my hair lulling me to sleep.

'Carl be nice to your brother' I reprimand looking back at the two boys eating at the table. Carl was ten with a five year old boy sitting next to him 'But mom theo started it' carl whines kicking the leg of the wooden chair. Pulling my hands out of the sink I dry them off on the dish towel facing the two boys 'Carl' I sigh pushing off of the counter walking up to both boys.

Squatting in-between their chairs I look at theodore 'Theo tell me what happened' I ask the quiet boy. 'I was pwaying wifa dinos and bubby took one aaand bit his head off' theo explains. I click my tongue turning my head to face the red faced boy. Hearing the car door shut I huff 'Well this is a case for the sheriff' I say pulling myself back up with a grunt. Walking over to the sink I watch rick walk up to the house with a smile, the front door opens and the boys faces light up.

'Daddy' they both yell running to the front door, walking behind them rick bends down ingulfing  both boys in a hug. Standing back up he plants his mouth on mine in a quick kiss. Pulling back he puts his hand on my stomach "How's my princess doing' he coos rubbing his hand in circles 'She is fine it's your two knights that have a problem' I titter looking back at the two boys that began watching cartoons. 'What happened' rick questions taking his jacket off 'The usual carl ate theos dinosaur head' I explain making him chuckle 'See they get that from you' he jokes making us both laugh.

"Mal come on they're back" my eyes open and it takes a minute to process what he said. Sitting up I rub my eyes before glenn grabs my hand and pulls me with him. Walking down the steps I see people I don't know walk in "Hi" I smile gently, awkwardly waving at the children and parents. Squeezing past the people I walk up to rick who's standing in the yard looking up at the bridge "Whatcha looking at" My words bring his eyes down to me a smile forming.

Closing the short gap between us he wraps his arms around me tightly tucking his head into my shoulder. My arms wrap around back gripping his jacket "You just you" he mumbles into my jacket before pulling away. His arm around my waist pushes me into his side, we watch the people step off the bus and walk through the door "Welcome home" I mutter my head leaning into his chest.

🍭CHANGED MY MIND I'M ADDING ONE MORE CHAPTER THAT MAY OR MAY NOT GET A LITTLE HOT AS ALWAYS THANK YOU FOR READING HAVE A GOOD DAY/NIGHT🍭