Chapter 13

Taehyung's POV

I sobbed silently into my hands. The reason? My grandmother. I had a dream about her last night, and I woke up with tears streaming down my face. Then, when I had started to get ready for practice, I accidentally stumbled upon her picture on my phone. Cue more tears. 

She was my everything; she raised me for 14 years, giving me the most love. And then- and then she just.....left.

I let out a choked sob as I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist, holding me closer. 

"Shh TaeTae," Petal whispered into my hair, slowly rubbing my hair as I sobbed a bit more. 

"Tae, please. I know how much- how much she meant to you. How much she meant to me," Don't even ask me how she figured out the reason for my sudden distress.

"But Tae, remember what she told you? Always be happy, no matter what happens. You deserve to be happy, TaeTae. You, more than anyone." I felt myself fall for her even more as I turned around. She lightly caressed my cheek, "Halmeoni's happiness is your happiness, TaeTae. Stay happy; for her. She wouldn't have liked to see you cry now, would she? So please be happy."

She smiled and had turned around to leave when I grabbed her wrist to stop her. She looked at me with a confused expression. I wiped my tears and smiled, "Thanks for being there for me, Mi-ah." Her beautiful dark brown eyes softened. I felt a surge of warmth shoot through me as she leaned in and pressed her lips against my forehead.

"Now get ready for practice. I don't want to cry so early in the morning just because someone was being so sappy," she pinched my cheek before leaving the room. I smiled, cupping my cheek. What is this girl doing to me?

*****************

"Where's Jinnie Oppa?" asked Petal.

"He has been practicing since morning," Hobi hyung sighed, "We can't get him to stop; no matter how hard we tried." Soo Mi frowned, "Hobi Oppa, do me a favor and pretend to practice with him. Just monitor him. If he shows any sign of exhaustion, make him rest. And take him to the café when it's lunchtime. He isn't eating well too."

Hobi hyung mock-saluted her and left the room. Kookie turned to Jiminie, "Where's Yoongi hyung?" "He's with Joonie hyung. I sent him there early," Jimin said, "What are we supposed to do? It's not like we can keep them in the dark forever!"

Petal looked up at this, "I know right? They're so oblivious that they like each other! And to think we thought of someone else! But whatever; let's wait till Haewon unnie comes in. She'll help us put something together." I nodded in agreement. "But what are we to do until then?" Jungkook whined, causing us to glare at him.

"Why don't we just talk?" Jimin suggested, "I'll ask you something, and everyone has to answer!" When we nodded, he continued, "Okay. Who was your best kiss?" 

"I accidentally kissed Sarang last year, so I think that would be my best," said Kookie, causing us to gasp.

"Isn't Sarang Haewon noona's sister?" I asked, surprised, and Kookie nodded. "And you didn't tell us?" Jungkook blushed when Jimin asked this, causing Petal to sing, "Someone has a crush ~" 

 "What about you, MiMi?" asked Jimin.

She shrugged, "I've only ever kissed one person so......" "Oh. I forgot Tae was your first," Jimin said thoughtfully, and I frowned at him. "Yours is Yoongi hyung. Don't even start. We don't want to hear anything about you," Jimin smacked Jungkook when he said this but agreed nevertheless.

"So," continued Jiminie, "Any crushes? Kookie has a big one on Sarang, so, Mi?" She pretended to think, and I thought I saw the barest hint of pink on her cheeks as she said, "No one. Yet. You, Tae?" I opened my mouth to say something, but at that moment, my phone started ringing.

It was my eomma. "Eomma! How are you doing?" I inquired cheerfully as I put the call on speaker. "I'm doing great," she seemed a bit disinterested, "Am I on speaker?" I said yes, and she asked, "Is Soo Mi there?" My heart sank a bit. "She's here, but what for?"

"I just want to speak to her Tae! Don't get so protective!" I blushed at this and Petal started talking to her. "Y-yes, Eomma Kim?" I frowned again. I thought she had gotten over her nervousness with eomma? It was that, or something else.

My train of thought was cut off by eomma. "Did you think about what I asked you, child?" I looked at Petal in confusion. What had eomma asked her? She looked so frightened when eomma asked that! She inhaled deeply before answering, "No, eomma. I-" "Yah, it's ok. Don't stress yourself out over it. I didn't ask you that to pressure you. I just wanted to know. Take your time. If you want any help, you can call me or Jungkook's eomma or......better, ask Jimin," 

The said guy looked up in surprise, "He might be able to help you further on this topic. So, ok kids, I just wanted to check on you. Bye! Eat well, okay?" Before we could say anything, she hung.

I stared at the phone for a few seconds before looking at Petal, "What was that about?" "N-nothing. Just something we talked over." Even though Petal waved her hand in dismissal, I knew something was up. But before I could ask or say anything, Haewon noona came in.

We stood up to greet her, and Petal went ahead and hugged her. After we had sat back down, she asked, "So any more leads on the NamJin case?" Kook snorted at this, "You sound like a police inspector!" The rest of us laughed and noona flicked his forehead mercilessly. 

Believe me; noona is renowned for her forehead flicks.

"None whatsoever, unnie," Mi started, sighing, "I initially thought about just telling both of them, but then again, both of them are extremely stubborn. Especially Worldwide Handsome-ssi. I'm sure both of them will say that we're making everything up to comfort them." "I agree," I announced, "Can't we do something more practical? Like, locking them in a room together or something?"

When everyone just stared at me for the next few minutes, I thought I had said something wrong. That was until noona said,

"That could work guys!"

A/N: I'm sorry if this chapter is trash but I promise that more, hopefully, less trashy chapters are coming up. By the way, just let me know your BTS bias in the comments, kay? Love yourself and no one can stop you. Borahae!